Reload this Page >

Another buying/suburb question!

Another buying/suburb question!

Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

nicolac34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another buying/suburb question!

Hi All

Now our PR visas are starting to get progressed we've moved on to thinking about if we should now look at buying a place in Perth.

As we are first time buyers we are going to stick under the $500,000 stamp duty threshold and try to buy something under that - we could afford more but the amount we'd have to pay in stamp duty puts us off.

We currently live in Shenton Park/Subiaco (at the bottom of Rokeby Road opposite Kings Park) and love our current location. However I we just don't think we can afford anything here.

We are looking at something as a home for us for the next 4 years and then as an investment property that we are going to rent out, so future rental potential is equally important.

Important things to us are - 2/3 bedrooms, parking, large balcony/courtyard, decent shops/bars/Restaurants within walking distance and close to the CBD (15-30 minute commute max).

We've been looking at CBD flats in East Perth, there are a few, but they do look mighty small for our budget. So we've been trying to look at the surrounding suburbs, but we aren't too sure about them. One that does look to be promising is Maylands - but then I've heard good things and bad things, so not sure which bit of Maylands is the nice bit!

Any advice would be appreciated!