Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another business class Question.....

Another business class Question.....

Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:59 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another business class Question.....

Hello everyone,
We are booking our flights back to Oz, and we have decided to go business class. I was just wondering if there is a dress code for flying business. I admit that I am a track suit man when it comes to flying as I get too uncomfortable sitting in a chair for too long wearing jeans. Will they refuse me a flight if I'm not appropriately dressed?
Jim
Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another business class Question.....

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hello everyone,
We are booking our flights back to Oz, and we have decided to go business class. I was just wondering if there is a dress code for flying business. I admit that I am a track suit man when it comes to flying as I get too uncomfortable sitting in a chair for too long wearing jeans. Will they refuse me a flight if I'm not appropriately dressed?
Jim

You're paying for it, you can dress as you like. If you were trying for an upgrade then they would want you to be smart.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:07 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You're paying for it, you can dress as you like. If you were trying for an upgrade then they would want you to be smart.
Wear what you like - the richer you are the scruffier you will dress. Tis rote.

You will want to be comfortable for flying.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:15 am
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

In 2002/03 we spent a year backpacking around the World.

We only took a large backpack each, so obviously had a severe lack of clothing and bits and bobs, and we stayed in hostels, beach huts and various other places that cost as little as £1 a night. After a few months our appearance certainly became a 'bit more relaxed' than usual.

The point is...

Before we went we bought business class round the World tickets, our little treat. If I remember correctly we had 17 flights in total, all business class, and our appearance steadily got worse and worse as time went by. We only had a minor problem once, ironically leaving Sydney airport, other than that we got the impression that it was a case of 'you may look like shit, but you've paid your money so we will give you the service'.

Cheers.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:16 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Hello everyone,
Jim
For gentlemen, a dinner jacket is essential, especially if the flight takes off after 7pm. For the ladies, I'd suggest a cocktail dress - that Versace little black number would do nicely. Stillettos and matching evening bag are of course mandatory... And don't forget to pass the port bottle to the left, or they'll throw you off the plane. :scared:

Sorry, I could not resist

(Actually Business class these days is a 'wear what you like' - I've been surrounded by a cosmopolitan mix of people in their rather tatty trackies & others in Armani jackets, so basically anything goes.)

Have a great flight!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 2:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My mate from Hobart used to travel to the UK with Lauda/Austrian in Business Class - he would take great delight in rocking up to check-in wearing t-shirt, shorts and thongs or tatty sandals. On the stop in Vienna he would then have a shower and change into warmer clothes to arrive at Heathrow.
He always said the looks at check-in could kill! But he'd paid for the seat, so what could they do!!!!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone,
Jim
Wear what you like - but please do NOT adopt the current disturbing trend amongst business class customers of f@rting at will just because you have a lot of space................its not big and its not clever.

P.S. We will also be flying business.....in fact I think that's more exciting for the children than actually migrating!