Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another Brit Family On Our Way Lol

Another Brit Family On Our Way Lol

Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

DARREN&MELANIE will become famous soon enough
Default Another Brit Family On Our Way Lol

Hi there we are shortly moving out to the Brisbane area (from not so sunny Doncaster U.K) would love some suggestions of decent , but not too expensive areas to rent in (we are a family of 4). Also we have had some offers of employment via a few agencies over there but whats the employnent market like at present please .( I currently work as an engineering supervisor for rail infrastructure in England
Any and all advise from anyone gratefully accepted oh and any schools' to avoid or recommend ??
Thanks in advance DAZ&MEL x x x
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

zig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another Brit Family On Our Way Lol

Originally Posted by DARREN&MELANIE
Hi there we are shortly moving out to the Brisbane area (from not so sunny Doncaster U.K) would love some suggestions of decent , but not too expensive areas to rent in (we are a family of 4). Also we have had some offers of employment via a few agencies over there but whats the employnent market like at present please .( I currently work as an engineering supervisor for rail infrastructure in England
Any and all advise from anyone gratefully accepted oh and any schools' to avoid or recommend ??
Hi Daz&Mel.
Sorry I can't help you as I live in Perth, but I thought I would take this opportunity to say Hi and welcome, and all the very best with your move ZZ
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Again sorry we can't offer any advise but would just like to say welcome and good luck
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi there

Sorry cant offer you any ideas as we are headed out to Adelaide - But wanted to say hi, we too are from Docaster. If you give me a little while there is another poster from Doncaster - Rachelle, they too have their visas and are headed out to Brissy. Will pm you the details. The number making a mass exodus from Donny is growing. I think that you are about the twelfth person I've met within the last year thats heading down umder!

Good Luck - if you fancy going out for a drink before you go, pm me - maybe we can all get together

Lindsey
Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi there

Sorry cant offer you any ideas as we are headed out to Adelaide - But wanted to say hi, we too are from Docaster. If you give me a little while there is another poster from Doncaster - Rachelle, they too have their visas and are headed out to Brissy. Will pm you the details. The number making a mass exodus from Donny is growing. I think that you are about the twelfth person I've met within the last year thats heading down umder!

Good Luck - if you fancy going out for a drink before you go, pm me - maybe we can all get together

Lindsey
HI LINDSEY
we would love to see ya before you go i spoke to aus today and looking to go over just after xmas, with the family following as soon as possible, as they want me to start work over there sooner rather than later !!!!
Can't beleive how quick its all happening was expecting a wait of about a year lol we still got to sell the house here yet !!!
if we don't see ya b4 you go will see ya on the sunshine coast and sink a few cool ones there lol
Any info we could share on places to rent , schools (you have children ??) areas to rent etc (we hear Bracken Ridge is nice ?) would be cool
chat soon D&M X
xxxemail address removedxxxx

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 9th 2006 at 10:47 pm. Reason: email address removed - pelase contact via the forum rather than posting the address
Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Again sorry we can't offer any advise but would just like to say welcome and good luck
Thanks for the welcome found this site and the people on here invaluble !
cheers Daz&Mel
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:20 pm

tjluke is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Another Brit Family On Our Way Lol

congrats for getting to oz we are applying and hoping to head for brisbane so i will no doubt be asking you and others who have just gone to brisbane just about everything so please dont get to henned when i start pecking you with questions hope you enjoy oz rach n tom
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tjluke
congrats for getting to oz we are applying and hoping to head for brisbane so i will no doubt be asking you and others who have just gone to brisbane just about everything so please dont get to henned when i start pecking you with questions hope you enjoy oz rach n tom

no worries tc
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:13 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck with the move, we to are moving out to brisbane next summer, keep posting when you get there and let us know how you are getting on.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Okletsgo is just really niceOkletsgo is just really niceOkletsgo is just really niceOkletsgo is just really niceOkletsgo is just really niceOkletsgo is just really niceOkletsgo is just really niceOkletsgo is just really niceOkletsgo is just really nice

Hi,

We are also moving out to Brisbane in January, we went out to Aus in April and had a good look around. Is difficult to suggest an area to you as there are so many nice places. We looked around the Bayside suburbs but have opted to start off in Samford! north west Brisbane. We have heard from a lot of sources that this is a good area for families and popular with Brits and other Europeans. ( thats not to say this was a deciding factor!) We liked the idea of more space - semi rural and have heard the village has a friendly atmosphere and good facilities. We find the www.ourbrisbane.com to be very useful in detailing information about the various suburbs. ( This however does not include Samford as its outside the range of the guide)
Best of luck with the move.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NeilCk
Good luck with the move, we to are moving out to brisbane next summer, keep posting when you get there and let us know how you are getting on.
will do Neil and good luck
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

PercyPhlarge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Darren & Melanie
Congratulations and good luck on the move. Brisbane is a very big area so I think first you have to decide where you will need to live to get to work easily. Then look at local schools (public or private?) and make sure you are in the right catchment area for a state school. I have a son at Brisbane State High which has a very good academic reputation. How old are the kids? Then you need to also decide what sort of suburb suits you. Do you like big blocks and open spaces or are you more a suburb, close to shops and transport sort of people. Big blocks will need to be quite some way out. Once you have made these decisions it all sort of falls in place.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:41 pm
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light

As poster before says, you must see it and feel it before you decide, it is so personal, ourselves have decided on north and have friends further north, south and rural south west, they all love where they are.

If you come north www.tasmanlink.com may halp you for short term renting and pm me if you need any info on the area, I will gladly help x

Vics x