Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Annual Big Day Out concert

Annual Big Day Out concert

Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Annual Big Day Out concert

Hi anyone in the Gold Coast area heard of Annual Big Day Out concert ? I have been trying to book accommodation and have been informed that this is a big event and all the rooms will be taken up soon.

Debs
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:30 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Annual Big Day Out concert

Originally posted by debsy
Hi anyone in the Gold Coast area heard of Annual Big Day Out concert ? I have been trying to book accommodation and have been informed that this is a big event and all the rooms will be taken up soon.

Debs
45, 000 turned up on 21/1/2003 for the annual travelling music festival the Big Day Out, at Gold Coast Parklands.

Its on again Jan 18 Gold Coast.

Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks ABC. We arrive on 18 late evening
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:46 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks ABC. We arrive on 18 late evening
Give the organisers a call , Their web site does say
Please email the Big Day Out Queensland office at [email protected] if you are planning to arrive at Big Day Out in a private charter coach, limousine or helicopter.
Tell 'em you are coming in on a 747 !!

But seriously, have you considered stopping over in Brisbane for a couple of nights first ? Let the place die down a bit.

Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

lol ABC! When do you think that they will all be leaving the Gold Coast? I was flying to Brisbane and then going on to Melbourne so I might well change it round the other way. Is it one of these rave things? do you think there will be millions of people?

Debs
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

I know Metallica is the headline act for BDO this year. I want to go but the tickets are around $135 each............and my teenage kids refuse to come with their mother!!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:10 am
ABCDiamond

lol ABC! When do you think that they will all be leaving the Gold Coast? I was flying to Brisbane and then going on to Melbourne so I might well change it round the other way. Is it one of these rave things? do you think there will be millions of people?

Debs
It looks like it is mainly a rock concert, with bands such as METALLICA, and then they go to Sydney on 23rd & 24th , Then Melbourne on 26th.

I don't know what it will be like, but last year it had 45,000 visitors, this year ??? Maybe someone who was there last year will reply later, or tomorrow?

Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:01 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
It looks like it is mainly a rock concert, with bands such as METALLICA, and then they go to Sydney on 23rd & 24th , Then Melbourne on 26th.

I don't know what it will be like, but last year it had 45,000 visitors, this year ??? Maybe someone who was there last year will reply later, or tomorrow?
METALLICA!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:05 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini
METALLICA!

ooooh, wish I was going.......
Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Trust me Now going to try to change flights to go to Melbourne first!