Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Annoying Whinge Thread

Annoying Whinge Thread

Old Dec 21st 2003, 6:14 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Annoying Whinge Thread

Now summer is upon us and the cold of winter has set in the UK it is time to whinge to annoy.

For example I burnt the soles of my feet on the way to the beach. There was minimal swell but what swell there was was causing rips so I could not swim lengths of the beach so I had a short sunbathe instead. I can hear the sympathy already.

What is so terrible is that I have sparkly on ice and massive prawns for dinner.

Anyway one else down under want to join in before the tomatoes start flying at me from the UK?
Old Dec 21st 2003, 6:23 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: Annoying Whinge Thread

Originally posted by bondipom
Now summer is upon us and the cold of winter has set in the UK it is time to whinge to annoy.

For example I burnt the soles of my feet on the way to the beach. There was minimal swell but what swell there was was causing rips so I could not swim lengths of the beach so I had a short sunbathe instead. I can hear the sympathy already.

What is so terrible is that I have sparkly on ice and massive prawns for dinner.

Anyway one else down under want to join in before the tomatoes start flying at me from the UK?
You mother of all posters...It is 07.22am in UK, cold and wet snow forecast and 3 kids stuck under the same roof ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 21st 2003, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

7.30am in Scotland, freezing wind that would cut in half, half an dhour into a 12 hour shift.....you've never had it so good.....
Old Dec 21st 2003, 7:54 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Tomato one on its way
Just been to the Ute cant get the cannopy open due to the lock being frozen solid with the rain. Great idea blow down the cylinder of the lock to thaw it out. Trouble was my lips froze to the metal and i lost a layer of my lip skin...... So freed myself and went and sat by the radiator watching the grey sky>>>>!
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Beautiful sunny morning here in essex, but snow forecast for this afternoon, bloody cold, large chill factor. taking family to see cinderella panto later in chelmsford, life couldnt get better, Ihope you suffer bondipom ,with your sore feet and champers on ice, god damn it! DUCK! tomato number 2 heading your way!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

lol!
I think that's 4 tomatoes!
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:50 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

sounds fab!!!
warmed the cockles of me heart!!!!
enjoy your prawns........................(hope you choke on one! )

Bed of Roses - LOL!!!!!!

sue
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Can I join in?

The constant sunshine and featureless sky (if you call saphire blue featureless). Had to drive all of 15 mins and sit around for ages in Kings park where small person played on all the unvandalised highly innovative play equipment. Then had to sit near the war memorial being forced to eat ice cream and watch the boats on the Swan. Then drive all the way back to the hills only to find there was only two choices of ice cold beer in the fridge. And now the wife wants me to barbie some of the biggest prawns I've ever seen!

Will this drudgery never end
Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:02 am
Badge

you buggers..

Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:06 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
you buggers..

c'mon badge, you can do better than that!!!!!
Get throwing those tomatoes!!!!

hey, dont you head off to the sunshine next week????
hope it doesnt snow and you are airport bound for the rest of christmas!

Sue
Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:16 am
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

would like to point out that there is a reason for all this. in the southern hemisphere summer and winter are reversed. the result is when uk is in winter australia / nz etc are in the middle of summer. its a basic point but when moving down under you do need to grasp it. i would hate to have people complaining when in august they cannot understand why they are freezing and miserable.

Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:18 am
Badge

just going away for Xmas...

I'm half- crook so am in bed being seriously looked after by Mrs B!!
Water, juice, crushed fruit in bowl, promise of papers, roast dinner!!! we want to make sure it doesn't get worse. wow.

Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:22 am
WBB

Originally posted by badgersmount
just going away for Xmas...

I'm half- crook so am in bed being seriously looked after by Mrs B!!
Water, juice, crushed fruit in bowl, promise of papers, roast dinner!!! we want to make sure it doesn't get worse. wow.

are you taking advantage of mrs B ?

Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:22 am
Badge

have to admit, Dungongs, you are right. But apart from having to wear all my fleeces when going INSIDE, I loved my winter in Australia - sunny days, blue skies...fires at night...what we would love to have over here in our winters...but the norm is grey skies, and drizzle, and c 8 degrees..

BM

Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:23 am

Originally posted by dugongs
would like to point out that there is a reason for all this. in the southern hemisphere summer and winter are reversed. the result is when uk is in winter australia / nz etc are in the middle of summer. its a basic point but when moving down under you do need to grasp it. i would hate to have people complaining when in august they cannot understand why they are freezing and miserable.

NO!!!!??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.