Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Annoying phone calls

Annoying phone calls

Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:27 am
Living the dream at last!

Gremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant future
Default Annoying phone calls

Hi all.

Just wanted to ask a question about tele-sales calls etc. We've had our Telstra line on for a couple of weeks now and we are getting really pi**ed off with theses calls.

In the UK there was a free service that you could sign up for called ' Telephone Preference Service'. This was basically a service that you registered all of your phone numbers with (including mobiles) and all companies have to check if your number is on the database before calling you. If you received any more 'nuisance' calls after that then you could take their details and report them and they would supposedly be warned / fined etc... I have to say, it really worked for us. We went from several calls a week to absolutely none.

Does anyone know of a similar service over here that puts a stop to these calls. PLEASE!!!!!!!:curse:
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying phone calls

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:38 am
Living the dream at last!

Gremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant futureGremlin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld View Post
Thanks for that. Just signed up!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

i got that and still get them,not as many though.
donna
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:59 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donna View Post
i got that and still get them,not as many though.
donna
Same here, seem to get a spate of them ringing for a few days on the run and then nothing for a while.
Really pees me off, especially when I hear "This is Darren' in an Indian accent
Old Oct 10th 2007, 5:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2 View Post
Same here, seem to get a spate of them ringing for a few days on the run and then nothing for a while.
Really pees me off, especially when I hear "This is Darren' in an Indian accent
I've had one since signing up, from a company called Hotel Dynamics claiming to be in Sydney but I had my doubts. I let them prattle on at length for a good 10 minutes about hotel packages before I told the agent I was on the do not call register....call ended pretty swiftly after that!