Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

annoying neighbours

Wikiposts

annoying neighbours

Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Default annoying neighbours

recently my next door neighbour has left back to malaysia and we have 4 students who have moved to the unit next door. we live in a unit with 7 units in the block.

the new students( dont want to mention the nationality) have become very annoying. they play loud cultural songs and shout and sing real loud which is very annoying they keep walking up and down the balcony passing our unit about a thousand times a day with the phones in their ears... they even bang on the walls !!

should i draw the attention of the land lord or just try to tollerate

thanks
mala
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of
Default Re: annoying neighbours

Speak to the landlord. Check if she is allowed to sub let the unit, this might well be against the rules. How big is the unit? 4 people in a unit sound a bit much. Definitely dont sit on this and do nothing, you have a right to peace in your home.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

Originally Posted by rozellem
Speak to the landlord. Check if she is allowed to sub let the unit, this might well be against the rules. How big is the unit? 4 people in a unit sound a bit much. Definitely dont sit on this and do nothing, you have a right to peace in your home.
he is a private owner land lord. he doesnt mind how many people live. it was the same for ours as well. wondering if he would care anyway
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

John Albany will become famous soon enoughJohn Albany will become famous soon enough

Neighbours don't generally communicate through third parties. Talk to the students. They are probably not aware that their behaviour is disturbing you. If they are new tenants then they are unlikely to want to get off on the wrong foot with the neighbours.

If the situation doesn't improve then contact the landlord. You are more likely to get an appropriate response if you have attempted to address the problem directly with the tenants.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh dear, they have locked their key inside and wanted to go through my house and jump over to their balcony which i did allow now.. may be i shall tell them to keep the noise down next time
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

But, surely if this is in a block with other units, there must be rules to follow and a body corporate who has a voice. Each unit will be paying their service charges/strata fees to them to keep the block in order. There must be something you can do. Speak to your council or even the police about where to start?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:48 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mala
recently my next door neighbour has left back to malaysia and we have 4 students who have moved to the unit next door. we live in a unit with 7 units in the block.

the new students( dont want to mention the nationality) have become very annoying. they play loud cultural songs and shout and sing real loud which is very annoying they keep walking up and down the balcony passing our unit about a thousand times a day with the phones in their ears... they even bang on the walls !!

thanks
mala
You have my sympathy. Sorry I can't do more than that. Complain if you can. You seem to have inherited some ferals.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:24 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mala

thanks
mala
"loud cultural songs" ... Does they involve any of the following?

1) Cheap Wine
2) Three Day Growths
3) There being emphatically no award for those who don't come first
4) The last train (or plane) out of Sydney having an imminent departure
5) Burning topiary

If so it is normal and should be embraced if a full Aussie life is to be enjoyed.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd ask them nicely to keep the noise down, please. Landlords and body corp should only be involved if you can't get satisfaction direct. I'd be really peed if you didn't speak to me first before going to complain.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'd ask them nicely to keep the noise down, please. Landlords and body corp should only be involved if you can't get satisfaction direct. I'd be really peed if you didn't speak to me first before going to complain.
If it was me I'd report them for dealing, so they got awoken to a dawn raid - but that's just me.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

You attract more flies with honey than with vinegar

Speak to them first and keep it nice...

If that doesnt work then dob them in to crimestoppers for drug dealing like the other poster suggested
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

http://crabrevenge.com/

This worked very well for me with the noisy house full of students in Wilson. They stopped their all day drinking and partying once they were all indoors scratching their fannies off.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisneyland
http://crabrevenge.com/

This worked very well for me with the noisy house full of students in Wilson. They stopped their all day drinking and partying once they were all indoors scratching their fannies off.
That's funny
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
You attract more flies with honey than with vinegar
You want to attract flies???
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
You want to attract flies???
Nope, the moral of the story is you get better results from being sweet about things than being a sour puss

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.