British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anniversary Weekend in Vic (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anniversary-weekend-vic-733316/)

AlliF Sep 22nd 2011 10:03 pm

Anniversary Weekend in Vic

5yr wedding anniversary coming up in a few weeks - looking for somewhere nice to stay for a night or two somewhere not toooo far from Mellie?
Probably needs to be a cabin/villa or similar as we will have to take the 5mth old munchkin with us and wouldn't subject a hotel to her hissy fits:rolleyes: (oh the joys of not having helpful family in the same country - hmmm anyone fancy a babysitting gig for the weekend?? (totally disregard what i said aboove about hissy fits, she is well-behaved really honestly guv:sneaky::rofl:)
Any suggestions folks?:)

OzSheila Sep 23rd 2011 12:04 am

Re: Anniversary Weekend in Vic

Originally Posted by scotdownunder (Post 9636978)
5yr wedding anniversary coming up in a few weeks - looking for somewhere nice to stay for a night or two somewhere not toooo far from Mellie?
Probably needs to be a cabin/villa or similar as we will have to take the 5mth old munchkin with us and wouldn't subject a hotel to her hissy fits:rolleyes: (oh the joys of not having helpful family in the same country - hmmm anyone fancy a babysitting gig for the weekend?? (totally disregard what i said aboove about hissy fits, she is well-behaved really honestly guv:sneaky::rofl:)
Any suggestions folks?:)

Lake House at Daylesford.

Dandenongs

Portsea/Sorrento

flip Sep 29th 2011 12:00 pm

Hi

How far out do you want to go, how upmarket, where are you now? when do you want to go?

We loved Port Fairy, Apollo Bay's very popular, Philip Island (can never remember how many l's or p's). Obviously these are all beaches and that might not be what you're looking for?

I know a lovely place (blatant plug) that's near Doncaster Shoppingtown and Warrandyte but give us a bit more information and you'll find somewhere wonderful I'm sure.

Cal

AlliF Sep 29th 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestions - in the end I just left it up to my other half to arrange and we are apparently going down to Inverloch on Thursday for two nights, will see how well he has done when we get there. Hopefully flowers will be involved...:thumbup:

(Im sure wherever you are plugging is lovely, Flip, but until a year ago we actually used to live right next to Doncaster shoppo so that wouldnt really have been much of a trip).:)

flip Sep 29th 2011 11:59 pm

Inverloch's small but lovely and not too far - it's a shame you probably won't be there long enough to head over to Wilson's Prom while you're there.

Have a lovely anniversary.

AlliF Sep 30th 2011 12:59 am

Originally Posted by flip (Post 9649161)
Inverloch's small but lovely and not too far - it's a shame you probably won't be there long enough to head over to Wilson's Prom while you're there.

Have a lovely anniversary.

Thanks. We 'did' Wilsons prom when we first got here - camping- beautiful place but got absolutely eaten alive by mozzies:eek:

ozzieeagle Sep 30th 2011 5:23 am

Daylesford or Echuca ....Murray river.... Paddlesteamers and good food.

Inverloch is a good choice... I stay at a place right at the end of the road down there... Walkerville and close to the beach.