Anna Bay NSW

Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anna Bay NSW

We have been on our first camping trip and what a fab time we had. We only ventured 1.5 hours away to Anna Bay which is located North East of Newcastle near Nelson Bay a popular dolphin/whale watching place. Anna bay is part of a 20 km beach (approx) and is the whitest sand. Apparently it is the finest sand in the world and has been shipped to some exotic places to cover their black sand. It moves inland about 10 meters every year and this has created massive sand dunes which stretch for miles. We went sand boarding down them which was great fun, you can also go quad biking and camel riding (which we also did). There is a place about 5km down the beach which is called tin city which where erected by fishermen many years ago. It is also where parts of Mad Max 2 was filmed. I highly recommend it as a place to stay or nearby Shoal Beach, Nelson Bay, One mile beach all within 5 km and all beautiful. Shoal Beach has stunning coloured water very clear.

Just thought I would share it with you all.

Jo
Attached Thumbnails Anna Bay NSW-boarding-smaller.jpg   Anna Bay NSW-camels.jpg   Anna Bay NSW-mad-max-small.jpg   Anna Bay NSW-shaol-bay-2.jpg   Anna Bay NSW-shoal-bay3.jpg  

Last edited by joho; Feb 18th 2007 at 7:26 am. Reason: add more photos
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anna Bay NSW

Originally Posted by joho
We have been on our first camping trip and what a fab time we had. We only ventured 1.5 hours away to Anna Bay which is located North East of Newcastle near Nelson Bay a popular dolphin/whale watching place. Anna bay is part of a 20 km beach (approx) and is the whitest sand. Apparently it is the finest sand in the world and has been shipped to some exotic places to cover their black sand. It moves inland about 10 meters every year and this has created massive sand dunes which stretch for miles. We went sand boarding down them which was great fun, you can also go quad biking and camel riding (which we also did). There is a place about 5km down the beach which is called tin city which where erected by fishermen many years ago. It is also where parts of Mad Max 2 was filmed. I highly recommend it as a place to stay or nearby Shoal Beach, Nelson Bay, One mile beach all within 5 km and all beautiful. Shoal Beach has stunning coloured water very clear.

Jo
Hey Joho

Great pics, I have the good fortune to be living at the vineyards and these beaches are our local beaches (40 mins by car)!!!!

I have friends over from the Uk in 6 weeks and I cannot wait to take them sigtseeing!

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Nikki
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hey Joho

Great pics, I have the good fortune to be living at the vineyards and these beaches are our local beaches (40 mins by car)!!!!

I have friends over from the Uk in 6 weeks and I cannot wait to take them sigtseeing!

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Nikki
Love the hunter too, we actually went for a weekend wedding last year and it was fab, good time to stock up on clear skins as well.

Jo
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:08 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Jo
Jo - we were in Anna Bay this weekend too! I took some photos of the camel train so maybe you're in my photos

We didn't actually spend very long at the sand dunes as my friend from England, who was staying with us, decided she didn't want to do any exploring (she's been to sand dunes in Tunisia so wasn't very excited - shame there's no rolling eyes smilie any more) so we went off to find some kangaroos for her to play with instead. We're planning to return soon and play on the sand dunes to our hearts' content...
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chels
Jo - we were in Anna Bay this weekend too! I took some photos of the camel train so maybe you're in my photos

We didn't actually spend very long at the sand dunes as my friend from England, who was staying with us, decided she didn't want to do any exploring (she's been to sand dunes in Tunisia so wasn't very excited - shame there's no rolling eyes smilie any more) so we went off to find some kangaroos for her to play with instead. We're planning to return soon and play on the sand dunes to our hearts' content...
Small world eh. We were on the camels between 10.15am and 10.45 am Sunday morning.

Jo
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:33 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Small world eh. We were on the camels between 10.15am and 10.45 am Sunday morning.

Jo
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's when we were there. The camels were just coming back as we were leaving at 10.45. So I think I will have some photos of you. I'll have to check them later and see if I can zoom in to see if anyone looks like the people in your photos...
Old Feb 19th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chels
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's when we were there. The camels were just coming back as we were leaving at 10.45. So I think I will have some photos of you. I'll have to check them later and see if I can zoom in to see if anyone looks like the people in your photos...
Oh god, it will be us I know it will be. How spooky would that be.

Jo
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, it will be us I know it will be. How spooky would that be.

Jo
absolutely beautiful! Love it, how far from Coffs Harbour do you reckon? We only got as far as Coff's last time and were so disappointed and fed up - not one of the happiest trips I've done!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glittababe
absolutely beautiful! Love it, how far from Coffs Harbour do you reckon? We only got as far as Coff's last time and were so disappointed and fed up - not one of the happiest trips I've done!
Quite a way down from coffs, have to say we were disappointed with coffs ourselves, but loved the big banana. Anna Bay is about 170kms north of sydney, so probably about 300 kms down from coffs, just a guess though as its about half way to brissy for us.

Jo
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Glittababe

This area is near me!! We had friends here at Xmas, they were due to spend 3 days in Coffs Harbour, however, only stayed one night and travelled down to us earlier, they were disappointed with Coffs. I think Anna Bay is between 4 to 5 hours from Coffs by car.

Nikki
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi Glittababe

This area is near me!! We had friends here at Xmas, they were due to spend 3 days in Coffs Harbour, however, only stayed one night and travelled down to us earlier, they were disappointed with Coffs. I think Anna Bay is between 4 to 5 hours from Coffs by car.

Nikki
Ahhhhh (big sigh) just can't face that long car journey again! Planning our hols for this year to Sydney so maybe I can try and tie it all in ( I hope)! Yes the Big Banana is certainly - big! Not much else to say about Coffs really!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Ahhhhh (big sigh) just can't face that long car journey again! Planning our hols for this year to Sydney so maybe I can try and tie it all in ( I hope)! Yes the Big Banana is certainly - big! Not much else to say about Coffs really!
If you can I would as it really is beautiful. When are you planning your trip as you could also do a whale watching trip from Nelsons Bay if the right time of year.

Jo
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

If you can I would as it really is beautiful. When are you planning your trip as you could also do a whale watching trip from Nelsons Bay if the right time of year.

Jo
End of July for 3 weeks - flying to Sydney for 3 days, then heading to Katoomba, Blue Mountains down to Jervis Bay. I'm a creature of habit - did that exact trip in 2000 and 2002! Maybe its time for a change????
Old Feb 19th 2007, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

End of July for 3 weeks - flying to Sydney for 3 days, then heading to Katoomba, Blue Mountains down to Jervis Bay. I'm a creature of habit - did that exact trip in 2000 and 2002! Maybe its time for a change????
I beleive that is during the whale watching season.

Jo
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

What fabulous pics! I'll be near-ish to Anna/Nelson Bay when we get out to the Hunter Valley in April - can't wait!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.