Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:59 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Angry Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

I am soooo angry

Driving to work this morning [about 8am]...I saw someone throw something out of their van. Then I noticed something wriggling in the middle of the road on the outside lane on the motorway. Thought it was a rag.

As I drew closer, I swerved to miss a little ginger and white kitten. The kitten was obviously either concussed or brain damaged as it was moving very strangely. As I regained control of my car, I looked through my rear view mirror to see seconds later it got run over. A blessing in disguise I think

A few seconds later, still reeling from absolute horror and shock..... I noticed another kitten in the middle of the road. And another. And another.

Some evil B*STARD was throwing kittens out of his / her vehicle

Once I got to work I rang the RSPCA to see if they could take a look on the motorway. Maybe some had managed to survive? [doubt it, but I couldn't rest if it'd not been checked out].

I am so, so angry. How could anyone do this? What kind of sicko does this kind of thing?

Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
I am soooo angry

Driving to work this morning [about 8am]...I saw someone throw something out of their van. Then I noticed something wriggling in the middle of the road on the outside lane on the motorway. Thought it was a rag.

As I drew closer, I swerved to miss a little ginger and white kitten. The kitten was obviously either concussed or brain damaged as it was moving very strangely. As I regained control of my car, I looked through my rear view mirror to see seconds later it got run over. A blessing in disguise I think

A few seconds later, still reeling from absolute horror and shock..... I noticed another kitten in the middle of the road. And another. And another.

Once I got to work I rang the RSPCA to see if they could take a look on the motorway. Maybe some had managed to survive? [doubt it, but I couldn't rest if it'd not been checked out].

I am so, so angry. How could anyone do this? What kind of sicko does this kind of thing?

I hate to "Badge" people, but i have heard the Auziees arent great animal lovers. This worried me greatly as I have a cat, who I would kill for, he is part of my family, and should anyone hurt him, itl be their last!! Sorry to hear you had to witness that, if it were me, i would have chased the Van, and ended up in the Cells for GBH. It would have affected me for life..lets hope that he or she will sometime soon die a slow and painful death..and Lets hope that was a one off and not inherent of people there. In my eyes animals are better than humans, I so would like to tortue that person or people who do this sort of thing.

Hope you can get this out of your head, guess it makes you harder in life. I would welcome anybody else who thinks this happens a lot, cuz if it is, im staying put!! I think we should be proud were a nation of animal lovers, in the main anyway. Tony
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!! Thats horrendous!! Did you get the plate number, make of car etc??

You must be so shocked poor you and poor kittens Hugsx
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

That's such a terrible story. It's sad that the RSPCA have an ad on tv specifically telling people not to hurt cats, it must be an issue.

Still, this is a country where vegetarians are treated with a great amount of hostility, so not too surprising to me.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I am soooo angry

Oh god!! That is just heartbreaking that someone could do that.....

Like someone else mentioned...I hope you got their rego number and reported that to the RSPCA also....Perhaps even contact one of the News programs?

I ran over a kitten once...it was late at night and it ran out in front of my car....I will never forget the sound it made and looking into the rear vision mirror before I could stop and seeing it limping off to the side of the road. I had nightmares about it for months...even now I still sometimes get the visual and the feelings back when I think about it.

Do what you can to try and get these monsters caught.

Hels
xxx
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that there is a hell of a lot of Animal cruelty here. On the news every few weeks is another story about someone torturing a kitten. The authorities are beginning to take action though and there have been a few prosecutions.
The attitude here is different to cats than in the UK. Here a lot of the time they're seen as ferral and damaging to the eco-system rather than a pet. Doesn't excuse what you saw though. You poor thing I can't imagine witnessing anything that horrific.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:26 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Thanks for your replies and concern everyone. Very much appreciated.

Yes...I'm still upset about it. All I can see is the poor kitten with it's head on the ground whilst going round in circles, disorientated and the others on the road

Hels; Don't be upset as sometimes it's unnavoidable if an animal runs out in front of the car. It wasn't your fault m8

Hevs; I was so shocked by what I saw, besides at the time I was more interested in what to do with the kitten [I contemplated stopping until I saw it got run over].....and then seeing the other kittens....I didn't get chance to catch up with the van. It turned off the motorway and by the time I got to the roundabout it had gone [I was going off at the same turning]

Tony; I think animal cruelty happens anywhere in the world, unfortunatly wherever there are people there will be cruelty However...there are some things I've noticed here in Aus that are certainly more prevelant for example dogs not tied up in the back of utes whilst the ute is going fast on the motorway or pages and pages of dogs/cats for sale in newspapers....and then kittens/puppies for sale in shops. If my memory serves me right, the UK used to be the same some 15/20 years ago....but the RSPCA and other animal welfare groups have done a sterling job in UK addressing these everyday issues and so the UK is generally more animal "responsible" I think i.e educating pet owners to be responsible.

Cheers again everyone. I'm off for a fag and a coffee [cant drink cos at work..but god I could murder a beer right now]

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Apr 6th 2005 at 12:40 am.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:28 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Shellfish
That's such a terrible story. It's sad that the RSPCA have an ad on tv specifically telling people not to hurt cats, it must be an issue.

Still, this is a country where vegetarians are treated with a great amount of hostility, so not too surprising to me.
Yes I noticed this too Shellfish

A colleague at work said it's probably because there have been a few incidents of cat cruelty just lately and the RSPCA here have been very frustrated that the sentances doled out to these cruel idiots have been minimal

Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:36 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Un-Co
It seems that there is a hell of a lot of Animal cruelty here. On the news every few weeks is another story about someone torturing a kitten. The authorities are beginning to take action though and there have been a few prosecutions.
The attitude here is different to cats than in the UK. Here a lot of the time they're seen as ferral and damaging to the eco-system rather than a pet. Doesn't excuse what you saw though. You poor thing I can't imagine witnessing anything that horrific.

Oh apologies Un-Co; You already covered my point

I think the RSPCA are taking these morons to court but just like in the UK some years ago....it needs to be taken more seriously and the courts need to back the RSPCA up by doling out tougher sentances. Only when people are severly prosecuted will they start to behave properly.

Did anyone see the news last week where a previously banned woman was taken to court for keeping pets? To be fair I think she was mentally retarded and when her and her mother didn't turn up at court [think her mother is a ward of court].....the news reporter went to their house to find out why they didn't go.

Daughter and mother were stood at their front door of their house... and when asked by the reporter why she didn't turn up, the daughter replied "cos my mum had nits and couldn't go to court".....lol....

Eeee....the mind boggles

Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:57 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I am soooo angry

Bastards!
Do you know the make of the van, colour etc.
write into your local paper - someone else on that motorway may have seen it and got the number plate, but has not reported it thinking that someone else has reported it - you know what some people are like.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:14 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

OMg, omg omg omg.

omg, that's terrible. and terrible to see it, you must be in major shock. I'm sort of in shock just reading about it.

We all know it goes on, but it doesn't actually get through unless you see it yourself, or someone you know see's it I think.

omg, I feel sick.

I've heard about drowning kittens, which is bad enough, but this is worse. Well, I think it's a worse, drowning is relatively painless?
Anyway, reason's behind it are just as bad, and outcome too.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

That's bang out of order.

Unfortunately it's not unusual at all, a lot of people seem to be cat haters over here. I've met quite a few people who have killed cats for fun.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:22 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to say this sort of thing doesn't just happen in Australia. Here in California it's not unsual to see kittens and even dogs on or beside the freeway.

Why people can't be bothered to neuter their pets, or at least drop of any unwanted pets at the SPCA/Humane Society/Animal Shelter I simply cannot comprehend.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:09 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Dirty F**king low life Ba$tards!!

I'd go with Hels idea, & contact some local TV / radio news stations.
They may be able to put some kind of appeal on air to see if someone
got the rego number of this scum!

We've got 2 cats, & if I ever caught anybody being cruel to them, I'd probably end up in court on a GBH charge!!
Good luck in finding the F**ker......
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Oh my god, how absolutely horrific for you.

My stomach has now got butterflies in it and my heart is racing. Seeing it through someone elses eyes is bad enough, but to see it first hand must have been just so devastating.

How can anyone even consider just chucking kittens out of a car...let alone a moving car - with lots of other moving cars behind them. They must be sick in the head

My Dad accidently ran over one of my mum's cats. It was lying underneath his car and when he reversed, the cat ran out from under the car, right iunderneath the wheel. Very sad, but it wasn't really my Dad's fault. He didn't know that the cat was under the car.

Hope the memory fades soon. It's a horrible one to bear.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.