Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AngloPacific worries

AngloPacific worries

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default AngloPacific worries

We've just got a pretty good quote from AngloPacific and were going to go with them. But it appear that some people have had bad experiences with them and I was wondering if some of you could summarise what the problems were.

I've done a search and there was pages and pages of stuff.

Would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:58 pm
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AngloPacific worries

Hi Wookie (cool name btw!)

We're off in October and had the same concerns as you after reading various posts on here. I did alot of reading and there were as many good reviews as bad (give or take) and alot of the other shippers had similar reports if not worse. Plus we had some personal bad experiences with other agents before we even got to the quote stage.

We had a great experience when Anglo Pacific came to quote and although we've now decided not to take everything with us, what we are taking we're still happy to ship with them. There is that much to worry about when moving to the other side of the world that I reckon sometimes you just have to go with your gut. You can always have a moan on here if it doesn't work out

Hope this helps a bit and good luck with it anyway!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:03 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

The guy I just saw was very informative & professional-my quote for sole usage of a 20ft for contents of 1 bed flat came in at £3400. This included washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, smeg fridge, Superking bed, 4 seater sofa, footstool, 2 coffee tables, double bed frame, 3 chests of drawers and all sorts of other furniture/pictures/contents/bicycles so not bad
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Pinkie!

I must admit that when the guy came round to do the quote he seemed extremely knowledgable, professional and friendly, immediately putting us at ease.

As you say I guess with so many people doing this kind of move there are bound to be cases of mistakes.

Thanks again!