Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anglo-Pacific-good experience

Anglo-Pacific-good experience

Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:56 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anglo-Pacific-good experience

The guys from Anglo Pacific came over 2 days last week to pack and ship my stuff. I know they have received mixed press on BE in the past but I have to say that they were fantastic. Our move co-ordinator was in constant touch answering all of my daft questions and the packing team were really professional & pleasant.

I waved our worldly goods off at 4pm last Thursday and am keeping all crossed that all arrives safely. Based on experience so far I would definitely recommend them-price came in lowest out of 4 quotes at 3359 too incl 3 special crates
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:17 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anglo-Pacific-good experience

Originally Posted by JoolsB
am keeping all crossed that all arrives safely.
I think you'll find that's where the problem is: things shipped with AP have a habit of *not* arriving safely . They arrive either in pieces or not at all.

Gina
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:24 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I think you'll find that's where the problem is: things shipped with AP have a habit of *not* arriving safely . They arrive either in pieces or not at all.

Gina
All our breakable and valuable stuff is marine insured to the hilt & some to allow for that so I'm just going to think positive!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB
All our breakable and valuable stuff is marine insured to the hilt & some to allow for that so I'm just going to think positive!
Ours was but in the end it turned out we could not claim long story but I eventually got in contact with the MD and settled on a small compo amount, by then it was 6 month down the line and we just wanted to get on with our lives.

I would not use them again

Where are you from ?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

Don't worry too much - Anglo Pacific do get it right sometimes. I had never used BE before we moved so knew nothing of the bad press about Anglo Pacific, but we had various companies quote and, although not quite the cheapest, I was most impressed with Anglo Pacific and we went with them.

The only things that got broken were a couple of Christmas tree ornaments that were broken during the quarantine inspection. I have lots of glass and china and not a single piece was damaged. The guys who packed in London were fantastic and the same at this end. It took 8 weeks door to door. So no complaints from us.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:59 am
South Yarra Sheila

I guess there will always be the goods and the bads but my instincts told me to use AP & whenever I trust my instincts I find things usually work out well and vice versa (without sounding too 'psycho-babble"!)

We shipped from West London area and marine insured with Letton Percival as we didnt like the idea of using AP's standard liability as it appeared there might be no cover for things being broken which was not as a direct result of their guys' packing plus no coverage for loss during transit. Thus if you sign the obligatory form as the packers leave saying all has been packed well and no breakages and then something then breaks in transit that would then not be a direct result of their packing and thus no coverage.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Pol!!!!!! looky looky looky. A happy AP customer. I think they deserve some sort of accolade. Whoo hoo.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:46 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Pol!!!!!! looky looky looky. A happy AP customer. I think they deserve some sort of accolade. Whoo hoo.
A happy AP customer? We'd better have him stuffed then!