Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anglo Pacific - feedback needed

Anglo Pacific - feedback needed

Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Bilby is on a distinguished road
Default Anglo Pacific - feedback needed

Has anyone used them recently? We are thinking of using them to ship our furniture soon. Has anyone else used them?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:10 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anglo Pacific - feedback needed

Originally Posted by Bilby
Has anyone used them recently? We are thinking of using them to ship our furniture soon. Has anyone else used them?
Hi I have shipped with them. My furniture left on 27 August and arrived in Melbourne on 19 October. The rep was good as was my point of contact in the Uk office who answered all my daft questions. The packers were also very professional, fast and did a great job leaving the place nice & tidy.

Kent who handle things at the Aussie end have already been in touch for AQIS payment and other info and there is an online tracking system which updates you on whereabouts of container and when it has arrived etc.

If you search the forum you will see quite a few bad posts but we gave them the benefit of the doubt and so far so good. I think thee is good 7 bad with every co. Now just hoping everything will still be in one piece next March!

I had a 20ft container 3/4 full which cost £3360
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

johnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to all

Hi Sorry no experience with AP but we are prob about to go with Doree Bonner - the rep was very good and has been great at keeping in touch and adding in extra info, they seem very professional - also just managed to haggle them down on price for both the container shipping and the insurance. We get shipped last week in Nov so fingers crossed for calm seas and safe passage for all our gear!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

wow,

I can tell you now I have a 40ft container, and aint paying that....

think I might start my own business.

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Hi I have shipped with them. My furniture left on 27 August and arrived in Melbourne on 19 October. The rep was good as was my point of contact in the Uk office who answered all my daft questions. The packers were also very professional, fast and did a great job leaving the place nice & tidy.

Kent who handle things at the Aussie end have already been in touch for AQIS payment and other info and there is an online tracking system which updates you on whereabouts of container and when it has arrived etc.

If you search the forum you will see quite a few bad posts but we gave them the benefit of the doubt and so far so good. I think thee is good 7 bad with every co. Now just hoping everything will still be in one piece next March!

I had a 20ft container 3/4 full which cost £3360
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:18 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on a mission
wow,

I can tell you now I have a 40ft container, and aint paying that....

think I might start my own business.
I had 4 of the main co's quote and Anglo were by far the cheapest-the top quote was £4100
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Cant rain all the time is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a rep out from Anglo Pacific this morning. Very professional, answered all our questions and seemed very experienced and knowledgeable. Only company we have had out so far but if first impressons are anything to go by, they look pretty promising.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

kateandpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Anglo are coming to our house on Friday 26th October to pack up our belongings for Sydney. The rep from the Manchester office very informative about what items to take and not to take! (Just to let you know - no feather duvets!!) Found the office very helpful too. Will let you know about the packers after Friday.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can of worms thread, this one
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:25 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You think?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:50 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kateandpaul
Hi, Anglo are coming to our house on Friday 26th October to pack up our belongings for Sydney. The rep from the Manchester office very informative about what items to take and not to take! (Just to let you know - no feather duvets!!) Found the office very helpful too. Will let you know about the packers after Friday.
we took our feather duvets and our feather pillows - we also declared them on form as well and they got to us OK
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I think the consensus on this website - over the several years I have been posting on here - is that AP are one of worst shipping companies.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think the consensus on this website - over the several years I have been posting on here - is that AP are one of worst shipping companies.
Aren't they known as "**************"?

[edit] if I try to post their "nickname" on this forum it gets blanked out. I guess they must have threatened legal action or something.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

I seem to be in the minority on this forum, but I used Anglo Pacific in 2006 and had no problems at all (London to Sunshine Coast via Brisbane). I couldn't fault the service at either end, nothing went missing and nothing got broken apart from 3 (cheap) Christmas tree ornaments which were in a box that had been inspected by AQIS. It took 8 weeks door to door.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:06 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oh, come on Poll! Tell it like it was!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:54 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
Aren't they known as "**************"?

[edit] if I try to post their "nickname" on this forum it gets blanked out. I guess they must have threatened legal action or something.
Anglo P_A_Thetic, you mean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.