Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ambulance question: Should i stay or should i go?

Ambulance question: Should i stay or should i go?

Old Jul 6th 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

HANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really nice
Default Ambulance question: Should i stay or should i go?

Hi there, im looking for some advice from any paramedics out in Oz. Im a technician in the UK and have family in Perth. Really want to migrate to Oz (been there many times and its where i want to settle) . The only problem is i have just been offered a tech to para degree course here in England which is new and only 2 years to qualify. It starts in September and i would qualify June 2012. Its really thrown decisions up in the air. Is there any paras or techs out there that know what the tech pay would be out in Oz and also how quickly you can get on a para course once out there? Also if i have my degree can i go to oz as an advanced para or other such role? I really need to weigh up what would be best for my family as i dont want to struggle with cash as soon as we start our new life in Oz. Would much appreciate any help or advice anyone can give. From a very confused technician!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ambulance question: Should i stay or should i go?

If you want the oz ambulance service to sponsor you then you will more than likely need to be a qualified paramedic with minimum 3 years experience. Now, if you can get a permanent residency visa through other qualifications that you may have or your wife, then with your experience as a tech the ambo services should snap you up onto their student program, they may even RPL you, and reduce the student program based on your qualifications and experience.

John