Reload this Page >

Amazon UK free delivery till this time next year

Wikiposts

Amazon UK free delivery till this time next year

Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

hater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Amazon UK free delivery till this time next year

For the "cheaper" Dysons there is not much difference...For the more expensive ones there can be a huge difference..

As we could buy ours on a "amazon.de dyson special" we ended up saving 50% compared to the best price we could find in OZ....
(Good Guys)..

And technically as it is a german company (amazon Germany is based in Germany, unlike other "multinational companies") you fall under the very strict german customer protection laws.

And there service is superb... The OH bought a samsung I9000 on amazon...After three month the display cracked (not due a fall... it simply went very hot and the display itself -not the front glas- cracked)...it was sent back to amazon for repairs... 3 weeks later the (outsourced) reparicenter screwed it up.... writing us something about a "water damage"...Short mail to amazon...3h later (at 10pm!) a short mail: "We're sorry for that. Would you accept the brand new galaxy S2 which comes out next week as a replacement?"...

Similar story with my camera...had a failure...went to the canon-repair shop...they refused to repair it on warranty..went out of the shop...short call to amazon...5 minutes later the repair-salesmen comes out "ehm yeah, were sorry, were gonna repair it for free..and clean it and you get a 25€ cleaning voucher as a excuse"...
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Always do lots of research!

Yes, that's what I have been using. Plus my German isn't too bad, even now!

S
Yep, I always do loads of research when buying, which has shown me on numerous occasions that it's not worth importing. Just had a look at a Fissler (German made) Wok in Myer. They are knocking it out for $214 and on Amazon.de it's just under $200.

I can also get by with basic German too.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:29 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hater
For the "cheaper" Dysons there is not much difference...For the more expensive ones there can be a huge difference..

As we could buy ours on a "amazon.de dyson special" we ended up saving 50% compared to the best price we could find in OZ....
(Good Guys)..

And technically as it is a german company (amazon Germany is based in Germany, unlike other "multinational companies") you fall under the very strict german customer protection laws.

And there service is superb... The OH bought a samsung I9000 on amazon...After three month the display cracked (not due a fall... it simply went very hot and the display itself -not the front glas- cracked)...it was sent back to amazon for repairs... 3 weeks later the (outsourced) reparicenter screwed it up.... writing us something about a "water damage"...Short mail to amazon...3h later (at 10pm!) a short mail: "We're sorry for that. Would you accept the brand new galaxy S2 which comes out next week as a replacement?"...

Similar story with my camera...had a failure...went to the canon-repair shop...they refused to repair it on warranty..went out of the shop...short call to amazon...5 minutes later the repair-salesmen comes out "ehm yeah, were sorry, were gonna repair it for free..and clean it and you get a 25€ cleaning voucher as a excuse"...

Ooooh... I feel a new Samsung Galaxy Note coming along...

S
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

BTW: Don't forget to order adaptors as well..I yet have to find a place to buy decent (and not overpriced) german=> Australian Adaptors...
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Amazon Germany is fantastic, much better than .co.uk - really came into its own before Christmas.

Saying that, I bought a Dyson DC29 late last year. It's a model that is not sold in the UK but is in Germany. I bought it at The Good Guys for $437 because Amazon.de had it for $390 delivered, hardly worth the effort for having no warranty.
240 volts in Germany I take it ?
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:51 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hater
BTW: Don't forget to order adaptors as well..I yet have to find a place to buy decent (and not overpriced) german=> Australian Adaptors...

Ah got that covered already - I have several banks of Universal powerboards decked about the house - they happily take plugs from all around the world. Its actually a wonder that nobody has thought to put a universal fitting on domestic power outlets. Maybe there's an idea there...

S
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
240 volts in Germany I take it ?
230....But 240 is no problem as dealing with -10%/+15% is a legal requirement...
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ah got that covered already - I have several banks of Universal powerboards decked about the house - they happily take plugs from all around the world. Its actually a wonder that nobody has thought to put a universal fitting on domestic power outlets. Maybe there's an idea there...

S
Or with a USB charging port......

I have some of those universal powerboards - with surge proptection too. Bought them in Singapore.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:06 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Or with a USB charging port......

I have some of those universal powerboards - with surge proptection too. Bought them in Singapore.

I got mine in KL - a company called WonPro make and distribute them. And magically the receptacles are all suitably spaced to take adaptors unlike the stupid things they sell here forcing you to pay extra for something that would be considered common sense in any sound thinking first world economy.

Anyway, I digress - They do a USB version. Check out:

www.europlugs.com

For the full range...

S