Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Amazon Super Saver to Oz, extended till 15 Aug

Amazon Super Saver to Oz, extended till 15 Aug

Old May 19th 2011, 7:24 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amazon Super Saver to Oz, extended till 15 Aug

While the free delivery of some product types was originally to finish on 15th May, Amazon UK have extended it to 15th Aug with the statement "At the end of this period, we reserve the right to further extend, amend or withdraw this offer."

So not as good as making it permanent, but better than nothing.

Also a pity they they haven't extended it to games or electronics.
Old May 19th 2011, 1:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon Super Saver to Oz, extended till 15 Aug

Originally Posted by GarryP
While the free delivery of some product types was originally to finish on 15th May, Amazon UK have extended it to 15th Aug with the statement "At the end of this period, we reserve the right to further extend, amend or withdraw this offer."

So not as good as making it permanent, but better than nothing.

Also a pity they they haven't extended it to games or electronics.
Brilliant news! They must be making plenty out of it sales-wise so lets hope it keeps up!
Old May 19th 2011, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Me and the wife have been going bonkers on this offer. Free postage minus the VAT too! Bargain!
Old May 19th 2011, 1:59 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 77hil
Me and the wife have been going bonkers on this offer. Free postage minus the VAT too! Bargain!
My DVD collection has grown considerably I must admit
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

That's super...I'm placing an order. I got a bunch of books from Amazon in the States and paid over $90 in shipping.
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know about that, thanks. Just checked the scanner I bought from amazon US last week and luckily still cheaper from US over UK even with $50 priority shipping. Same with kindle. Seems quite a bit cheaper ordering the kindle from US amazon than UK...though free postage and no vat might even things up.

Edit: oh, only Books, Music and DVD...must learn to read.

Last edited by fish.01; May 22nd 2011 at 1:01 am.
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Need a shredder now....anyone recommend one?
Old May 22nd 2011, 9:54 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by fish.01
Didn't know about that, thanks. Just checked the scanner I bought from amazon US last week and luckily still cheaper from US over UK even with $50 priority shipping. Same with kindle. Seems quite a bit cheaper ordering the kindle from US amazon than UK...though free postage and no vat might even things up.

Edit: oh, only Books, Music and DVD...must learn to read.
Stuff like scanners Amazon UK won't supply to Aus anyway, you have to get some willing person in the UK to send it on to you.
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Stuff like scanners Amazon UK won't supply to Aus anyway, you have to get some willing person in the UK to send it on to you.
I wonder how they decide as they are willing to ship the shredder I am looking at. Any idea?
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

I wonder how they decide as they are willing to ship the shredder I am looking at. Any idea?
Generally you can go through OK until you get to payment and then it'll say "We cannot ship to the selected address"or some similar phrase. I've tried it with stuff like memory cards and a few toys and things like that. Only ever managed to get books, cds and dvds sent - give it a go though, always worth a try

Some guidelines here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...?nodeId=524836
Old May 23rd 2011, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Generally you can go through OK until you get to payment and then it'll say "We cannot ship to the selected address"or some similar phrase. I've tried it with stuff like memory cards and a few toys and things like that. Only ever managed to get books, cds and dvds sent - give it a go though, always worth a try

Some guidelines here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...?nodeId=524836
Yeah I got that message with the scanner but it allowed the shredder. Must be the odd electrical thing allowed.
Old May 23rd 2011, 9:52 am
Home and Happy

Yeah I got that message with the scanner but it allowed the shredder. Must be the odd electrical thing allowed.
bonus!!!
Old May 23rd 2011, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

With some odd things I've noticed that they do go through but the standard shipping is charged.