Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Amazing and (not so) interesting facts!!

Amazing and (not so) interesting facts!!

Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amazing and (not so) interesting facts!!

According to a Stephen Ryan from Toronto - sent to me by someone from something they saw on the Internet:

Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter 'A'.

A. (are you still there?) One thousAnd!

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321 (if your calculator doesn't go this far he says trust me, it works)

Q. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?

A. They were all invented by women. (OzT adds that this is why they are available in more than 186 colours and the parts are called 'thingies')

Q. What is the only food that doesn't spoil?

A. Honey.

Q. There are more reverse charge calls on this day than any other day of the year

A. Father's Day!

Most boat owners name their boats. Q. What is the most popular boat name requested? A. Obsession

Q. What occurs more often in December than any other month?

A. (not Christmas!) Conception.

Each king of a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades - King David, Hearts - Charlemagne, Clubs - Alexander the Great, Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910 (I think he means that's when they had a child!)

The U.S state with the highest percentage of people who walk to work is - Alaska.

The % of Africa that is wilderness is 28%; the % of North America that is wilderness is 38%.

The youngest pope was 11 years old.

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

He finishes up with a red herring intended as a joke:

In Scotland, a new game was invented. It was entitled Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden ... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

And one I can't make my mind up on:

It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ao that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month we know today as the honeymoon.

Now if anyone wants to publish more amazing and unusual facts to post.....

OzTennis
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Now if anyone has more amazing and interesting facts to post I meant to say.

OzTennis
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Corr.... I must be really intelligent coz I've got lots of copper streaks in my hair
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Amazing and (not so) interesting facts!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OzTennis
According to a Stephen Ryan from Toronto - sent to me by someone from something they saw on the Internet:

Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter 'A'.

What about "one hundred And one", thats well b4 a thousand
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE]Originally posted by andy thomas
Originally posted by OzTennis

What about "one hundred And one", thats well b4 a thousand
Presumably Stephen should have said just the numbers, excluding the and between numbers? Well spotted though Andy -you have lots of zinc and copper in your hair!

OzTennis
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:42 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

amazing and interesting facts
(1) Posters can use the edit button to edit their posts.
(2) Nobody uses it.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Presumably Stephen should have said just the numbers, excluding the and between numbers? Well spotted though Andy -you have lots of zinc and copper in your hair!

OzTennis

well you dont say one hundred one so you cant miss out the "and"

think its all silver in my hair.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by Florida_03
(1) Posters can use the edit button to edit their posts.
(2) Nobody uses it.

Gude won Florida, I've never used it as you can tell by my above effort!

OzTennis
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by andy thomas
well you dont say one hundred one so you cant miss out the "and"

think its all silver in my hair.
I referred this to the rules committee Andy and they reckon that Stephen reckons that the word and is not a number so even though you say one hundred and one it doesn't count.

OzTennis
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

helenmaine is an unknown quantity at this point

Now if anyone wants to publish more amazing and unusual facts to post.....

OzTennis

Mike Nesbitt's (from the Monkeys) mother invented tippex.

Don't ask me how I know that...

Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

I referred this to the rules committee Andy and they reckon that Stephen reckons that the word and is not a number so even though you say one hundred and one it doesn't count.

OzTennis
not having that

101 = "one hundred and one" that is how the number is written, the and forms part of the name of the number.

Andy
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by Larissa
Corr.... I must be really intelligent coz I've got lots of copper streaks in my hair
But do you have zinc streaks as well?

OzTennis
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by andy thomas
not having that

101 = "one hundred and one" that is how the number is written, the and forms part of the name of the number.

Andy

otherwise we should also take the and out of a thousand if you cant include AND, got you
Old Apr 27th 2004, 2:00 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

There will be 2618 toilets at the new Wembley stadium.

I bet the ladies will still have to queue
Old Apr 27th 2004, 2:00 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ferdinand de Lesseps, after working on the Suez was confident he could build a canal at Panama. He started the Panama canal in 1882 but went broke soon after. He could be remembered forwards and backwards by this:

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.