Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Amateur Soccer (proper football)

Amateur Soccer (proper football)

Old May 12th 2010, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Smillybiff is just really niceSmillybiff is just really niceSmillybiff is just really niceSmillybiff is just really niceSmillybiff is just really niceSmillybiff is just really niceSmillybiff is just really niceSmillybiff is just really nice
Default Amateur Soccer (proper football)

Hi, not long in australia and to be honest been dying to get back into regular football, however have quickly scanned the internet to find some local teams and really strugglin to find a team that you can just turn up and have a game for the way its done back in the uk, seems you need registration international ID cards, seems a bit ott for sunday league football
anyone any suggestions of a quick fix team

cheers
Old May 12th 2010, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amateur Soccer (proper football)

Originally Posted by Smillybiff
Hi, not long in australia and to be honest been dying to get back into regular football, however have quickly scanned the internet to find some local teams and really strugglin to find a team that you can just turn up and have a game for the way its done back in the uk, seems you need registration international ID cards, seems a bit ott for sunday league football

cheers
Every football club I know of is affiliated with the FFA (Football Federation Australia) Problem is the people that are interested in Football, usually associate themselves with their local club, or a friends club, and there are no pub or work teams that I know of. There are plenty of clubs around though. Go and have a chat with your local club..... Ahhh the other way is Futsal, plenty of that around as well, you can definitely just turn up for Futsal.

You
Old May 12th 2010, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

where are you

i am down in mornington and have just found an indoor 5 a side football place

its not advertised very well but seems to be run o.k
Old May 12th 2010, 3:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
Hi and welcome to BE.

As this forum is to welcome new members to BE I will move your thread into our Australia forum...I think you'll get a better response to your question there.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many forums please do not hesitate to contact a mod or admin.
Old May 12th 2010, 4:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
We do have several members who are involved with football teams here - whereabouts are you, as I'm sure someone will be able to help
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future

Most teams require a registration as it usually includes insurance, there are loads of teams though, if you are south west Brisbane and over 35 give me a shout and you can be playing next week
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Iando
Most teams require a registration as it usually includes insurance, there are loads of teams though, if you are south west Brisbane and over 35 give me a shout and you can be playing next week
Where abouts in the south west i am in the north but only five mins from the clem.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future

Team play in Darra , will pm you some more info
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Smudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud of

Does anyone know of any football/futsal on the Sunshine Coast?
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:15 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smudger82
Does anyone know of any football/futsal on the Sunshine Coast?
Yes smudge I know most of them and play in the local comps, whereabout are you and what would you like to know?
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Smudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud of

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm in Caloundra and looking for some games. Played in the UK twice a week at 5 a side and a few 11 a side games. Played the pub/amateur circuit back home and really keen to get into playing here, just socially.

How would I go about getting a game?
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:41 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smudger82
Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm in Caloundra and looking for some games. Played in the UK twice a week at 5 a side and a few 11 a side games. Played the pub/amateur circuit back home and really keen to get into playing here, just socially.

How would I go about getting a game?
right well that where the rego comes in - if you want to play in the local comps e.g. sunshine coast football, churches or futsal then yes you have to rego and join a team....but if tis casual you're after probably just start by rocking up to training say at caloundra stadium - they train every tues and thurs for the under 35s and wed for the over 35s -630/7pm starts...for indoor rock-up you could try kawana indoor staduim, small 5-a-side games, just tell them you're looking for a team and they will try and sort it - check it out, let me know what you think - cheers,

J