Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

am at the library on the internet

am at the library on the internet

Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:56 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default am at the library on the internet

Where theres a will theres a way lol . Now Im homeless and without my pc it suddenly struck me I could use my library to get online so Ive just dropped my youngest son off at his school xmas party and here I am
Its awful not having internet at mums I didnt appretiate how valueable it is and how much Id miss it.
Its a bit overcrowded at mums with me the hubby and 3 kids but it will be worth the inconvenience.
Hubbys boss has been in touch and he has organised a house for the initial few weeks when we arrive and a car! I cant believe how helpful him and his wife are being and they are meeting us at the airport in 2 cars (to get all our cases in) when we arrive at Christchurch on the 27th Jan
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:24 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

You are getting withdrawal symptoms there, Sky!

The only cure is to go cold turkey, I am afraid
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:25 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Start as you mean to go on, Sky - get the boss running around after you!

Sounds like the sort of bloke your hubby will be happy working with.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it could turn into pm at the library on the internet Sky.

That's one really helpful and friendly employer. Best of luck with everything.

OzTennis
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Glad to hear you're being offered such a great start. Most people I've come across really do go out of the way to help you settle. He sounds great, and I bet you both give him great support in return.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats brillianr Sky having that help from the boss. It must be a weight of your mind and helps you to ease into your new life a bit better.

booboo
Old Dec 15th 2003, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

You'll be right, Sky. Libraries have free internet access in Oz and are usually open later than UK ones.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Zebra4
You'll be right, Sky. Libraries have free internet access in Oz and are usually open later than UK ones.
The ones on the Gold Coast not only let you check their stocks by computer, but they let you order books from neighbouring libraries and then a van goes round and fills the orders! Very civilised.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 4:20 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: am at the library on the internet

Originally posted by sky
Where theres a will theres a way lol . Now Im homeless and without my pc it suddenly struck me I could use my library to get online so Ive just dropped my youngest son off at his school xmas party and here I am
Its awful not having internet at mums I didnt appretiate how valueable it is and how much Id miss it.
Its a bit overcrowded at mums with me the hubby and 3 kids but it will be worth the inconvenience.
Hubbys boss has been in touch and he has organised a house for the initial few weeks when we arrive and a car! I cant believe how helpful him and his wife are being and they are meeting us at the airport in 2 cars (to get all our cases in) when we arrive at Christchurch on the 27th Jan
Loads of internet caffs in NZ, Sky - typically NZD3-4 an hour less loyalty discounts. Am sitting in one right now...
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Zebra4
Free in some, small charge in others (eg $3 per hour the library I use in Melbourne). My local library here has free unlimited access!

OzTennis