Reload this Page >

Am i wasting my time

Am i wasting my time

Old May 26th 2004, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

GerryNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Am i wasting my time

Hello ppl,

I am looking at the possibility of migrating to austrailia ( if i can convince my wife that the bugs are not really that big and plentiful

We have 2 children, 2½ and 1 and feel that if we ever move now should be a good time for the kids age.

Anyway my current job is in IT as a IT Support/Analyst. However i have 16 years of experience in IT rather than an degree e.t.c

So my question is, am i wasting my time looking to migrate to austrailia having a lack of degree type qualifications ?

any responce would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

Gerry
Old May 26th 2004, 2:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am i wasting my time

Originally posted by GerryNC
Hello ppl,

I am looking at the possibility of migrating to austrailia ( if i can convince my wife that the bugs are not really that big and plentiful

We have 2 children, 2½ and 1 and feel that if we ever move now should be a good time for the kids age.

Anyway my current job is in IT as a IT Support/Analyst. However i have 16 years of experience in IT rather than an degree e.t.c

So my question is, am i wasting my time looking to migrate to austrailia having a lack of degree type qualifications ?

kind regards

Gerry
Hi!
Welcome to the forum!
Can't help you, but have a look here(the FAQ at the top of this forum):
http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#l001

I think the answer should be in there somewhere...

Good luck

Simone
Old May 26th 2004, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hi there
TRA have a category called Computing Support Technician so perhaps you could find out if this would cover you. I'd seek the advice of an agent such as George Lombart or Alan who post on here. I'm also IT support but going on partners skills so not too sure what this covers. Good luck.
Old May 26th 2004, 2:29 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Not as such. If you have enough points then it's worth trying. No doubt someone can post a URL for finding out your points.

Good luck!
Old May 26th 2004, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ppl,

kind regards

Gerry
Hi Gerry,
I was in exactly the same boat. Loads of years of experience but no formal IT qualificationa. We used Global Visas (www.globalvisas.com - Annie was the name of the person we always spoke to...she's great!). They advised us on the information to put together for the ACS (Australian Computing Society) and ended up having to do an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) which is a nightmare to put together, but well worth it!!! Our passports have our Visas in them and we are going out Feb next year!!! Don't give up.....definitely go for it!!!

If I can help at all, just let me know
Old May 26th 2004, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

cooks is an unknown quantity at this point

similar to my situation I have a four year engineering apprenticeship which is not recognised in Aus so I had to do a CDR (compantency demonstration report) basically prooving that I know what I'm on about. It got accepted by them no probs.
Old May 26th 2004, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

GerryNC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick responces ppl.

Very much appreciated.

thanks Salli, good luck.
Old May 26th 2004, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick responces ppl.

Very much appreciated.