Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Am I Reading This Correctly?

Am I Reading This Correctly?

Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all
Default Am I Reading This Correctly?

I'm looking to emmigrate to Australia under the skilled independent category as an Accountant. I have a BA Hons degree in Financial Services and as a result am part-qualified because my degree allows me exemptions from nine CIMA exams. I also have a couple of years work experience in Accounting. I was under the impression that I would need to be at least fully qualified before I could get a succesfull skills assessment.

However the assessing authority stated on the Skilled Occupations list for an Accountant is the CPA. After reading the CPA website at:

http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/07_me...unt_qualif.asp

It states:

"Assessment for migration is based on the same criteria as for admission to Associate membership of CPA Australia. Successful assessment for migration requires

:qualifications assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree; and

qualifications must fulfil at least 9 of the 12 the core knowledge subjects required for admission to membership."

The last time I looked I had both. Would this mean I could get a succesful skills assesment from DIMIA? And therefore if all else fell into place eg. police and medicals I would be granted PR? Or am I on the wrong planet?

Any other interpretations, advice and replies gratefully recieved

:lecture:
Old Jun 5th 2003, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Try a PM to Alan Collett, he's a migration agent he uses this site regulary. He should be able to give you a guide. He may want paying for further advice.

Pete
Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:41 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
If you can't work that one out for yourself, can't (won't!) help you. Bloodsucker!

What bizzare postings you seem to put on this site. Are you a retard ?
Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:49 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

What bizzare postings you seem to put on this site. Are you a retard ?
Are you asking Don or Alborg, sorry I,m a bit slow
Old Jun 5th 2003, 7:01 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by paulf
Are you asking Don or Alborg, sorry I,m a bit slow
Don, assuming he is 'pleasancefamily'