Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Am i paying through the nose?

Am i paying through the nose?

Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:37 pm
Sydneysider as of May'05

drog1998 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am i paying through the nose?

On the subject of agents. What is the going rate for application to the TRA and then the actual DIMA visa?

I'd be interested to know because I think i'm paying through the nose.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am i paying through the nose?

Originally posted by drog1998
On the subject of agents. What is the going rate for application to the TRA and then the actual DIMA visa?

I'd be interested to know because I think i'm paying through the nose.

I think i paid in the region of $500 for a 2 month assesment and i think it's about $220 for a 5-6 month assesment, I actually got news on my TRA assesment yesterday morning and i passed (YES,WOHOO!), ahem, as for the DIMA i think thats about $1750. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Fuzzy

congratulations on passing the TRA assessment
what skill was being assessed? how long did it take to come back
regards
rach
Old Jun 26th 2003, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

We paid a total of £1500 for the TRA and DIMIA Applications to our agent - the fee to both TRA and DIMIA were additional which worked out about £250 for TRA and £720 for DIMIA, so the whole thing has ended up costing us around £2500.

TRA has passed and the DIMIA application is in. Now just one family of many playing the waiting game.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 27th 2003, 7:14 am
Sydneysider as of May'05

I passed with TRA as a pre-press tradesperson and it took about 7 weeks fast tracked.

Yep, I think I have been conned. I'm going through a respectable agent in North England (I won't mention the name just yet) and there fees are:

£3,100 for preperation of TRA assesment and Visa application

and then to add to that you get the fees from the TRA (about £300) and then the actual DIMA fee (about £650).

So all in i'm loking at close to 4 big ones. I do feel that it is a real proffessional agency with a good success rate but even so I just wish I had found this site before begining my application.

Somebody please tell me that i'm not the only one.

D
Old Jun 27th 2003, 7:57 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

I passed with TRA as a pre-press tradesperson and it took about 7 weeks fast tracked.

Yep, I think I have been conned. I'm going through a respectable agent in North England (I won't mention the name just yet) and there fees are:

and then to add to that you get the fees from the TRA (about £300) and then the actual DIMA fee (about £650).

So all in i'm loking at close to 4 big ones. I do feel that it is a real proffessional agency with a good success rate but even so I just wish I had found this site before begining my application.

D
You are not the only one. There are loads of people who have paid over the odds for their agents. Can I ask which agent you are using? (Could it be four corners?)

Mel
Old Jun 27th 2003, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

D
No, you are definately not alone, we too have had to suffer some rather huge costs

I have an on-line diary with a break down of the monthly costs,
www.sindymcc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
still have one to add of just over £100! This charge was just for notifying us that our visa being granted!
£12.50 for their time reading the letter from DIMIA saying it had been granted,
£12.50 for phoning us up to inform us it had been granted, £12.50 for sending the e-mail saying it had been granted and £12.50 for sending the documents from DIMIA saying it had been granted in the post!
Phew, could they have let us know any more times in a different way!
The rest of the difference of the £100 must have been for the air that they had to breath while doing the above!

Good luck with your application

Sindy and Bill
Old Jun 27th 2003, 12:17 pm
Sydneysider as of May'05

Thanks sindy, that makes me feel a little better.