Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one !!

Am I the only one !!

Old May 28th 2003, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Am I the only one !!

Who has gone from being the most laid back person in the world to a complete stress head ?? Since the meds and police checks have been requested.

I worry if we passed our medicals
If our police checks get to Oz
Now stressing that our medicals get there ?
It's one thing after another, but I am so not used to being like this

Am I the only one who feels like crying one minute and laughing the next ?
Old May 28th 2003, 12:13 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Am I the only one !!

Originally posted by Carrianne
Who has gone from being the most laid back person in the world to a complete stress head ?? Since the meds and police checks have been requested.

I am going through the same thing at the moment. Today is a "I'm not going to get it, may as welll look for a house in Glasgow" day. Yesterday was a "I don't want to talk about it just in case" day. Sunday was a "let's go to the Australian bar to get used to Ozzie beer" day.

Let's just hope ASPC keep up their current levels of speed and make their decisions quickly. 3 weeks seems the current average time from them recieving your police and medicals, to you getting a decision. (Not that I'm counting).
Old May 28th 2003, 12:13 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I think i know the answer to your problem!!!

It does'nt say "laid back lass" under your name anymore!! Someones pinched it Once you get that back im sure it'll all be fine!!

The only thing i was worried about was the meds....completely unfounded worries as it turned out! Im sure your application will go fine.

I reckon its only natural to get a bit stressed at parts of the application procedure. After all, you are planning on uprooting and repotting on the other side of a pretty big planet!!

Just think about your goal....it will all be worth it in the end!

Cheers

Pete.
Old May 28th 2003, 12:14 pm
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure there are plenty more out there who feel the same. Though I find that at least being stressed can be classed as 'doing something', it's the long waits inbetween the activity that get to me.

Keep taking that Rescue Remedy, a few months of this before starting a new life is far better than a lifetime of regret at not doing it. It'll all be worth it in the end.

Old May 28th 2003, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

well - what about me - i am turning into a weirdo because of the police reports! We have to get one from Cyprus. The process is slow and it has to go to the foreign minister first! Starting to panic as it is supposed to be in Adelaide for 17 June. My husband said when we get the police reports will there be anything left for you to nag me about?
Old May 28th 2003, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

Know exactly what you mean!
My anxiety about the medicals knew no bounds. I'm amazed my BP didn't go through the roof. However, all was fine and I was dumbfounded when the visas arrived. Now I veer between euphoria and terror! It's a big old move to the other side of the world - stress seems a pretty normal reaction to everything we have to go through.

I'm sure your medicals will be fine and they will reach the required destination. Then you'll have to worry about something else!
Old May 28th 2003, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

After taking my medical i got a reply back after only one month though the worst:scared:

Opened it up and it was the letter telling me my visa had been granted

Try not to worry to much, i know what your going through
Old May 28th 2003, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone - nice to know I m not the only one. The laid back lass left as I wasn't.

Believe it or not the moving organising side is not stressfull at all, I am in my element doing that because I am in control. I know what I am dong and when, the stress lies with " out of my control" if you get what I mean.

Old May 28th 2003, 8:29 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am I the only one !!

Carianne, welcome to the worrying world of the would-be migrant. If there is something to worry about in the process, I've been there and done it. Even when we did pass our Meds, I started worrying about whether I really wanted to go. I hope grey hair is fashionable in Oz!

Regards

Andy
Originally posted by Carrianne