Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

Old Nov 19th 2005, 10:26 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by Mctree
Ever had anything go missing in your shipping?

I had all my good shipped by a professional company. I watched them pack everything, and checked the house afterwards. It was some months later after I had unpacked, I realised six cheap (actually free) Coke glasses were gone. Nothing else, just those.

A friend tells the same story, everything arrived, with the exception of a Lamp Shade, the rest of the lamp was there, but no shade.

Wondering if there is an Aladdin's cave somewhere, full of miscellaneous items from Expats shipping, or if the shipping companies take a trophy from each job and awards points for the most bizarre.

Anyone else lost stuff?
We lost the legs to our xmas tree! Oh and a pair of shoes, new ones never worn.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Just wondered, can you claim on your insurance for all these things that a re missing?
Old Nov 19th 2005, 1:18 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pauline & Iain
Just wondered, can you claim on your insurance for all these things that a re missing?
Yes you can, but the forms we were sent to do the claim were just too much for the daft stuff we lost, even the microwave oven was damaged but they wanted repair bills, proof of purchase etc and after the trauma of getting here we didn't want to go through the hassle of claiming.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 1:41 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

We seem to be missing a calendar (with dates of everyone's birthdays) and a terracotta salad bowl. We thought that we had a couple of pieces of track missing for the little one's Matchbox car thingy. They turned up in a box marked "CD's and Books".