Am I mad ????

Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

loubieloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I mad ????

Hi,
Ok my oh and I have been looking at different types of visas, it looks like we are limited as to which way we can go. I have been looking into student visas and have found a company called " this is Australia " they are registered migration agents, they have got this on there web site

DIPLOMA OF CHILDRENS SERVICES

At present, Australia is experiencing a severe shortage of Child Care Coordinators. We have been working closely with one of the largest Child Care Education Providers in Australia and they are in urgent need of skilled workers.

They are currently interviewing persons who work in child care or are interested in making child care a career. For those that are interested in making it a career, they are offering a Government approved and registered one year Certificate III and Diploma of Children’s Services. This course is an intensive course which usually takes two years to complete.

Successful, competent and enthusiastic students are offered sponsorship by an Australian Child Care facility.

Study over a week includes:

Monday Classroom 9am to 4pm
Tuesday: Classroom 9am to 4 pm
Wednesday: Work placement in a child care centre (Unpaid) practical study
Thursday and Friday you are encouraged to work as an unqualified assistant in a child care centre (paid around ($15.00 per hour). The school assists with placement.

Successful candidates who attain the diploma and practical experience after the first year become available for sponsorship.

Sponsorship involves you being sponsored by a registered child care facility in which you will be guaranteed a starting wage of $41,850.00 per annum plus 9% superannuation for a 38 hour week .These visas are usually issued for 4 years. (You are not a Permanent Resident under these visas)

Once you have worked under this visa category for two years you can become eligible to make an application for Permanent Residency under the Employer Nominated Scheme.

Under a sponsored visa your spouse has open work rights.

To see if you may be eligible for sponsorship contact us where we will arrange and interview by telephone with the school and child care facilitator

1-year Certificate III/Diploma of Children’s Services Course Fees are AUD$9000

Does anyone know anything about them or even better gone down this route?
The problem with choosing this visa is that I would have to go on my own with 3 children ( 9, 7 & 3 ) for the first 6 - 12 months so oh could stay behind to earn some extra money and pay off some debts It wouldn't be that bad for me as my parents live there. we would have more desposable income this way and oh could come over 3 or 4 times during the space of 12 months.
Do you think it would be unfair on the children? Do we just grin and bare it for a new life for all of us

Any advice would be welcomed, Thanks

Louise
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Davey n Di is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am I mad ????

Originally Posted by loubieloo
Hi,
Ok my oh and I have been looking at different types of visas, it looks like we are limited as to which way we can go. I have been looking into student visas and have found a company called " this is Australia " they are registered migration agents, they have got this on there web site

DIPLOMA OF CHILDRENS SERVICES

At present, Australia is experiencing a severe shortage of Child Care Coordinators. We have been working closely with one of the largest Child Care Education Providers in Australia and they are in urgent need of skilled workers.

They are currently interviewing persons who work in child care or are interested in making child care a career. For those that are interested in making it a career, they are offering a Government approved and registered one year Certificate III and Diploma of Children’s Services. This course is an intensive course which usually takes two years to complete.

Successful, competent and enthusiastic students are offered sponsorship by an Australian Child Care facility.

Study over a week includes:

Monday Classroom 9am to 4pm
Tuesday: Classroom 9am to 4 pm
Wednesday: Work placement in a child care centre (Unpaid) practical study
Thursday and Friday you are encouraged to work as an unqualified assistant in a child care centre (paid around ($15.00 per hour). The school assists with placement.

Successful candidates who attain the diploma and practical experience after the first year become available for sponsorship.

Sponsorship involves you being sponsored by a registered child care facility in which you will be guaranteed a starting wage of $41,850.00 per annum plus 9% superannuation for a 38 hour week .These visas are usually issued for 4 years. (You are not a Permanent Resident under these visas)

Once you have worked under this visa category for two years you can become eligible to make an application for Permanent Residency under the Employer Nominated Scheme.

Under a sponsored visa your spouse has open work rights.

To see if you may be eligible for sponsorship contact us where we will arrange and interview by telephone with the school and child care facilitator

1-year Certificate III/Diploma of Children’s Services Course Fees are AUD$9000

Does anyone know anything about them or even better gone down this route?
The problem with choosing this visa is that I would have to go on my own with 3 children ( 9, 7 & 3 ) for the first 6 - 12 months so oh could stay behind to earn some extra money and pay off some debts It wouldn't be that bad for me as my parents live there. we would have more desposable income this way and oh could come over 3 or 4 times during the space of 12 months.
Do you think it would be unfair on the children? Do we just grin and bare it for a new life for all of us

Any advice would be welcomed, Thanks

Louise
Hi Lousie,
Yes, I was going to go down this very route (with this agent) had my coe, but pulled out. Please read the thread I started on 'Studying Childcare in Queensland'. Don't know how to attach the link, but if you go into my profile and then click into the threads I've started you will see it. Read it carefully, I took everyones advice as I thought it was just too risky. Good luck. Di x
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info, read your thread and it does look risky thats a real shame it really suited our situation. Can I be cheeky and ask you about the course you have decided on ! are there lots of jobs available and is the pay ok ? obviously it means having to study for an extra year with little or no income That could mean my oh needing to stay in the uk for even longer.

Oh what to do !! every way we turn there seem to be lots of barriers in the way.

Thanks alot
Louise
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:48 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info, read your thread and it does look risky thats a real shame it really suited our situation. Can I be cheeky and ask you about the course you have decided on ! are there lots of jobs available and is the pay ok ? obviously it means having to study for an extra year with little or no income That could mean my oh needing to stay in the uk for even longer.

Oh what to do !! every way we turn there seem to be lots of barriers in the way.

Thanks alot
Louise
Hi just wondering i don't know how long your parents are there but can they not sponsor you .
or if they are not their long enough you could work on saving and clearing debts and then go when they can

I hope you find a way
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:52 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I read it that the parents , "live there" meant with them in the uk ! lol

perhaps im reading stuff back to front
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:55 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I read it that the parents , "live there" meant with them in the uk ! lol

perhaps im reading stuff back to front
oops I thought she meant if she did come to Oz her parents would be with her to help with the kids may be its me!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Sorry ladies if I am confusing you
My parents live in melbourne ( although we plan to move to QLD ) them sponsering ( sp sorry ) is not an option but they will be able to help me to settle in etc. We are struggling with what to do here ! if I go first my OH will live with his parents and the last bits of our debt will be paid off quicker as he will have no bills and all of his wages to pay them with, but obviously if the childcare route is out then we will struggle to fund our lives for 2 years on only 20 hrs work each a week.
Unfortunatly we don't have a trade that is on the list and I am concerned that if we leave it to long our eldest d/d will struggle.

Thanks again
Louise
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks alot
Louise
Hi there Louise,
I'm going to study the Diploma of Community Services Lifestyle & Leisure at Sunshine Coast TAFE which is fully accredited by the AIWCW which means international students can be assessed for recognition as a welfare worker for migration to Australia under the skilled migration scheme. I would recommend that you contact a good eduction agent to get as much advise on courses as possible and what would be best suited to you. They are FREE and know their stuff. I only found out about this particular course by liaising with the education agent you would have read about on my thread. She is brill!!! I understand your concerns about the 20hr working restriction as this i our main concern aswell, but at the end of the day you and your OH can work 20hrs, so in effect it's like one full-time wage coming in.
Do you not have a house in the UK that you can sell and pay off your debts through the equity you make?
Di x
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi Di,
I have been looking at the sunshine coast tafe site We do have a house to sell but we need the equity to bring with us to pay for school fees for the children and rent for a while and for flights etc, unfortunatly there is not much in equity in our house and we will be lucky to get 20k to take with us which from the looks of things wont last that long. we may be very lucky and find jobs straight away but with the school fees I am unsure if that would be enough for us to survive on.

You have been a great help thank you, i'm going to e-mail the lady you mentioned from your previous posts asap and see if I can get some more encouraging news
Btw when do you go to Australia and when does your course start?

Louise
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Di,
I have been looking at the sunshine coast tafe site We do have a house to sell but we need the equity to bring with us to pay for school fees for the children and rent for a while and for flights etc, unfortunatly there is not much in equity in our house and we will be lucky to get 20k to take with us which from the looks of things wont last that long. we may be very lucky and find jobs straight away but with the school fees I am unsure if that would be enough for us to survive on.

You have been a great help thank you, i'm going to e-mail the lady you mentioned from your previous posts asap and see if I can get some more encouraging news

Louise
Hi Louise,

We're over here on a student visa (came over just under 8 weeks ago) and didn't have too much more than u. we'r fortunate tho that we don't have school fees yet as our oldest turns 3 next week n youngest is 17 months. there's a really good thread on immigration, student medicals which will give u all the advice n help u need and probably a good few names to get any particular advice u would need.

Cheers, n good luck.
Mandy
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Mandy, just found the thread and left a post
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi Di,

Louise
Hi Louise,
We'll probably have the same kind of money you're taking when we go...will be a struggle but I'm sure it can be done. I start my course on the 14th July '08 (or thereabouts).
Di x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:48 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

just out of interest how old are you both?? What about training here in the uk for a profession on the skills shortage list then getting sponsorship once qualified? That way u can keep all the family together, it may take you a few years but could be worth it.