Am I mad

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

bored brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Am I mad

Hi there everyone read this scenario and tell me if you think I am mad?
Want to go to Melbourne end of this year but am still waiting on the tra coming back to me(applied end of jan fast tracked).
Done meds today and police checks 2weeks ago so that i can front load my application for my visa(designated area sponsor).
The thing is I have my own business and I have sold it and am selling up in July:scared: and am going to do a bit of freelancing until i get my visa dont tell the tax man that though .
Everybody I know thinks Im mad but I just want to go when I get my visa what do es everybody else think all comments good or bad appreciated.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:28 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Am I mad

Originally posted by bored brit
Want to go to Melbourne end of this year but am still waiting on the tra coming back to me(applied end of jan fast tracked).
Done meds today and police checks 2weeks ago so that i can front load my application for my visa(designated area sponsor).
The thing is I have my own business and I have sold it and am selling up in July:scared: and am going to do a bit of freelancing until i get my visa dont tell the tax man that though .
Everybody I know thinks Im mad but I just want to go when I get my visa what do es everybody else think all comments good or bad appreciated.

I think everyone who goes for the move to Aus has to be mad to a certain degree. Family & friends can't understand it but you know yourself your doing the right thing.
You go for it, I'm sure you will have the last laugh.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:35 pm
earlswood

Yep..........

Go for it mate

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 7:01 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely mad
I'm similar(ish). Waiting on ACS but already put house up for sale. Hope to be state nominated (Victoria) and be there straight after Christmas. Hopefully homeless by July:scared:
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

salokin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yep think your mad talk about being prepared were you in the boy scouts !!!!!! Hope it works out for you though good luck

carol
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

bored brit is an unknown quantity at this point

more of a boys brigade boy myself but thanks for the reply.
Oh forgot to mention I have a wife and 2 boys to tag along to as well and they want to go tomorrow so hurry up the bloddy tra
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 7:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

more of a boys brigade boy myself but thanks for the reply.
Oh forgot to mention I have a wife and 2 boys to tag along to as well and they want to go tomorrow so hurry up the bloddy tra
Your life.

G
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:13 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

I want to go...but i can never get my head a round the mad rush people seem to be in ..selling houses,booking flights doing this doing that...and all before they have the visa...but then apparently Im very laid back about it...my atitude is even, its not the end of my world if I dont get a visa but Im still giving it a go...I actually dont see a reason it will be refused (Oz skilled sponsored) all I keep saying to people is save all the energy you waste on fretting about getting the visa til you have it...all your go for it energy is going to be needed for resettlement...I cant see any point in getting in a state til that time...as its actually in your hand
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Originally posted by peppi
I want to go...but i can never get my head a round the mad rush people seem to be in ..selling houses,booking flights doing this doing that...and all before they have the visa...but then apparently Im very laid back about it...my atitude is even, its not the end of my world if I dont get a visa but Im still giving it a go...I actually dont see a reason it will be refused (Oz skilled sponsored) all I keep saying to people is save all the energy you waste on fretting about getting the visa til you have it...all your go for it energy is going to be needed for resettlement...I cant see any point in getting in a state til that time...as its actually in your hand

We (well I) agree totally...lots of people are selling up.. we are building up !!! we have had Tra approved, medicals police checks requested done and sent......and weve just started building an extension on our house (extra bedroom and en-suite and extra profit!!)... want the extension done and house sold the end of this year and go to Oz end of next year(ish)...no hurry, no worry...the visa is valid for five years..........chill out.

steve
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:29 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by steve-n-jo
We (well I) agree totally...lots of people are selling up.. we are building up !!! we have had Tra approved, medicals police checks requested done and sent......and weve just started building an extension on our house (extra bedroom and en-suite and extra profit!!)... want the extension done and house sold the end of this year and go to Oz end of next year(ish)...no hurry, no worry...the visa is valid for five years..........chill out.

steve
Perhaps our difference is we live in the nice part of England...and we are a bit more laid back than those city types...I dont know what it is....
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 10:08 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what your business was or how easy it would be to setup again. You are doing something risky so as long as you don't burn the bridges you aren't too insane. You don't want to be wondering "if only I had tried OZ".

You sound like you are wanting to give it a go rather than leaving Britain which IMO is a positive way to go about things. If it does go wrong you can always go back and restart business.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

grainne is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

grainne is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry first post
hi bored brit
well i am from n.ireland too( good to hear from you )going to melborne, hopefully in november got skills pasted,sent application designated area sponered.meds etc requested last week,had them done the same day,high BP for hubby????? have our own business and house to sell.going with 3 children and leaving one behind (still studying) i think i am mad too or maybe its just the mad irish