Reload this Page >

Am I just too old??

Am I just too old??

Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Insinc will become famous soon enoughInsinc will become famous soon enough
Default Am I just too old??

...well am I??

I want to get back into sport & athletics that I was good at as a child but after cruising the net & getting touch with a local athletics club in Cherrybrook, the oldest person I'd be starting to train with would be 10..
errr I'm about 4 x that & don't really feel like being shown up by someone a quarter my age.
I asked the coaches where all the adults train & couldn't get a straight answer...all been training all their lives....individually....from home....don't join groups...etc.

Well where do I go to find adults to start training with...and without any smart answers (please) somewhere preferrably close to the Hills area of Sydney for ease of travel & family commitments.
I just know that I do better in groups & I am not a confident enough person to overlook the age gap between me & a ten year old, I want adult training partners.

Thanks
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I just too old??

There are many many clubs for older people. My husband took up cycling again and raced in the veterans cycling club here in Melbourne for many yeas still rides a lot both road and mountain bike and he is 67 now.

Have a look at this web site it may give you some contact to find out where to start and go for it.

We know so many people who do triathlons and they are not young.

Its all about participation and feeling fit and keeping well.

Good luck

http://www.nswmastersathletics.org.au/