Reload this Page >

Am I just being too impatient?

Am I just being too impatient?

Old Apr 6th 2004, 8:56 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

EEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I just being too impatient?

Prior to submitting my husband's spouse visa application I read with great excitement that a lot of people applying for the same visa had received their visas within a couple of days.

We submitted the application by courier on the 15th March. Three days later I got a letter from DIMIA asking me to send a copy of my birth certificate and a letter stating we intended to register our son as an Aus Citizen by descent. I sent the requested info back on 22 March. I then expected to receive hubby's visa back a few days after that. But here we are two weeks later still waiting.

Am I just being paranoid - I keep thinking there is some problem. My friends tell me I am just being impatient.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:04 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Am I just being too impatient?

Originally posted by EEL
Prior to submitting my husband's spouse visa application I read with great excitement that a lot of people applying for the same visa had received their visas within a couple of days.

We submitted the application by courier on the 15th March. Three days later I got a letter from DIMIA asking me to send a copy of my birth certificate and a letter stating we intended to register our son as an Aus Citizen by descent. I sent the requested info back on 22 March. I then expected to receive hubby's visa back a few days after that. But here we are two weeks later still waiting.

Am I just being paranoid - I keep thinking there is some problem. My friends tell me I am just being impatient.

I think whislt a lot of people are being really lucky and getting their spouse visas through in a couple of days, the average seems to still be about three to fours weeks - dont worry yet
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

HIya
We are one of those lucky people who had it all done in two days.
Basically we had an uncomplicated application. It as just me and my partner... no children etc... and we over did the paperwork, they probably rolled their eyes at the amount of cra* they had to wade through!
Don't stress... have you got your case officers email address or phone number??

I am sure you will hear any day now... the longest wait we had was for the envelope (we found out last wednesday and the letter only got here today - they used second class mail PFT!!!)
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:18 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by EEL

Requests for information happen a lot and are a sign that your application is being processed. I would not worry about it. The only thing consistent about DIMIA is inconsistency

If you wish to contact them maybe a fax or a letter would help as phone calls seem to make them grumpy.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by EEL

Hi Eel

My partner's spouse visa application took 20 days from the date we sent it off to the date we received it back through the door. Ours was uncomplicated, and we sent all the necessary paperwork together (we front end loaded), but it still took 3 weeks to send it back.

Shouldn't take much longer

Regards
Old Apr 7th 2004, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

And my spouse visa application (front loaded), application hand delivered to Australia House in London took 5 months (back in 2001)