Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Am I being unrealistic....

Am I being unrealistic....

Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Am I being unrealistic....

Story so far. Started `The Ball Rolling` for emigration to Oz last january.
Had positive skill pass in Sept.
Submitted Skill Independant in November ( Had a 2 month delay due to a nice sponsor, deciding to return to england)

We want to be in Perth by September at the latest.
Am I being unrealistic.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:10 pm
owieb

Default Re: Am I being unrealistic....

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Submitted Skill Independant in November ( Had a 2 month delay due to a nice sponsor, deciding to return to england)

Am I being unrealistic.
They do say to allow 12 months for processing, so you're probably being a bit unrealistic, but then saying that some people have got them really quickly whereas some are taking longer.

We applied in August 2002, we got a pre-grant letter end of November 2003 and we're hoping to get the visas granted in a couple of weeks when we go to Singapore.

So ours has taken 18 months in total!

Everyone is different. Just make sure you have an alternative plan incase you don't get it in time.

Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I am aware of the time scales as I do quite a bit of research and am always on this site.
Its the other half that is not on the ball.

Last night he stated that we should have our medicals done. When I told him that we have to wait for them to be requested and that we could be looking at approx 50 weeks from when we submitted, he nearly had a stroke. Trouble is, he does NO research, watches these stupid programmes `New Life Down Under` and presumes it all takes a couple of weeks.
Mind you I also find it very, very frustrating.

Sandra
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I being unrealistic.
We applied, skilled independant no sponsors or nothing, last August, (already done the TRA bit a couple of years back and had to wait till August 2003 to get the work experience!) and was told by our agents we should get meds request March or April, then a couple of months later the visa should come and off we go! Ive said I want to be in Perth by July or August. Now I'm thinking I want to be there for next Xmas! Ive gone and sold my house now and the Misses is due on May 1st so its all getting a bit panicky to say the least!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by gwrees
We applied, skilled independant no sponsors or nothing, last August, (already done the TRA bit a couple of years back and had to wait till August 2003 to get the work experience!) and was told by our agents we should get meds request March or April, then a couple of months later the visa should come and off we go! Ive said I want to be in Perth by July or August. Now I'm thinking I want to be there for next Xmas! Ive gone and sold my house now and the Misses is due on May 1st so its all getting a bit panicky to say the least!
When did you actually submit to DIMIA, and what is your skill.

Using the details on time line is fine, but not everyone updates their info

sandra
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

When did you actually submit to DIMIA, and what is your skill.

Using the details on time line is fine, but not everyone updates their info

sandra
We submitted to DIMIA on Aug 1st 2003, I'm a Self Employed Plumber. Whats Timeline?
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:50 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gwrees
Whats Timeline?
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...sp?logout=true
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:59 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Am I being unrealistic.
From what I am seeing on DIMA, timeline, here and frommy own experiences so far (6.5mths no request for further info I know they will need before meds request), am afraid I would say yes.

But then again lastyear there was a rush before the end of the Aussie tax year (June) as some applications were completed v quickly. So also depends how 'tidy'/all the info DIMA require/simplicity of YOUR application, if it might 'jump' the queue or not.