British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Am I allowed to ship Art materials? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/am-i-allowed-ship-art-materials-362636/)

possoms Mar 21st 2006 1:26 pm

Am I allowed to ship Art materials?

Hi I've a lot of artist materials ie oil paints, watercolours and silk paints am I allowed to ship them? has anyone else taken art stuff? :)

sorry if its a stupid question :o

teach Mar 21st 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Am I allowed to ship Art materials?

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi I've a lot of artist materials ie oil paints, watercolours and silk paints am I allowed to ship them? has anyone else taken art stuff? :)

Hi Possoms,
I know it is not quite the same thing as paints etc but I shipped all my card making stuff and it all got through customs with no dramas. It was boxed up with everything else. I also had no worries about shipping a dream catcher that had lots of feathers on. Maybe we were lucky as they didn't even open Andrew's box of hand tools to check to see if they were clean.
Hope this helps.
Sarah

Larissa Mar 22nd 2006 1:59 am

Mine all got through alright - took all the above. x

matt-and-jenny Mar 22nd 2006 2:25 am

I didn't even think they'd be an iffy thing to ship.
I had no probs

Sue2 Mar 22nd 2006 3:00 am

I think they'll be fine...I shipped a loads of kids face paints :) no questions asked.

Sue x

movetoperth Mar 22nd 2006 3:30 am

i took all my airbrush paints, acrylics and alchohol based body paints, no problems, also took all my acrylic nail supplies too, i just packed them all in plastic boxes inside a metal box just incase of any leaks.

Lynn

possoms Mar 22nd 2006 9:56 am

Aww thanks for all your replies peeps, I just thought maybe cos the bottles have been open and tubes been used etc they might be a bit funny about it.

Glad that you had no probs.

Cheers

Possoms :)

possoms Aug 24th 2006 8:12 am

Hi well still no further forward in getting out there, so following on from this is artist stuff expensive over there? only we have a cheap chain called The Works here, cant get everything I need from there but just wondering whether to stock up on paints and canvases etc dont want to bother if stuff is same price over there.

can any one give me an example price of paints any medium. cheers :)