Alubry School

Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

jinty-mcginty will become famous soon enough
Default Alubry School

Hi Everyone

Would be very gratefull for any adivise on High Schools/Primary Schools in Albury. Moving there in September. Would like to find good schools for the kids as things will be difficult enough for them.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alubry School

I can't help you with specific info on Albury Schools but there is a poster on here called NickyP who is a teacher living in NE Victoria. I seem to recall that she was working in either Albury or Wodonga so may have inside info on the local schools.

She's not here much nowadays but you could try sending her a PM.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Thanks Nicky C.

Old May 15th 2008, 5:58 am
Just Joined

taffy 62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres Scotts school in Albury one of the better ones but its a private one and fairly expensive. dont know much about the public ones
Old May 15th 2008, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there I am teaching at Xavier High School here in Albury and it is pretty good. Friends have kids at Scotts and from what I can see the feeder Catholic schools for Xavier look OK. Sorry but I don't know all that much about the schools as I live further south in Victoria and my kids don't go to the schools here. Send me a PM if you have any specific questions and I will try to help as much as I can.
Maybe we will see you in September.
Good luck.
Nicky
Old May 15th 2008, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Hi Nicky

Thanks for your message.
I have emailed a few schools, Albury High being one of them.
I have been advised to wait unitl I arrive so I know where I will be living and they can then tell me what catchment area I am in.

I was doing it the opposite way, I was trying to find out what the best schools were and then look for a house in this area.

Do you know of any schools, primary and secondry that you could recommend to me? I am trying to get clued up on the education system over there so any help and guidence woud be very welcome.

Thanks
Janette