Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Altona/point cook/Sanctuary lakes - Melbourne

Altona/point cook/Sanctuary lakes - Melbourne

Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:43 pm
Mr & Mrs wannabe in oz!

darrenandkelly will become famous soon enoughdarrenandkelly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Altona/point cook/Sanctuary lakes - Melbourne

That is great, thank you for the info. Where is the closest hospitals a&e and a&e for children?

Do you have to pay for dental treatment for children?

And also how much is a family ambulance yearly service as I know you have to pay in advance for this dont you.... well if not fees are extortionate if needed to use an ambulance.

Any advise would be greatly received thank you!

We are going thru a LTR case for my eldest child's bio dad refusing leave.
Hopefully court etc completed by xmas so then hopefully our last xmas here.

Appreciate your responses thanks.
K&D.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

manx2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sr71
Make sure you are in the zone for Seabrook Primary, by far the best school in the area and it really is very good.
Thanks a lot, I've heard that seabrook is very good. It has good rating on the My School website. Am looking at catholic schools and one in Altona North called "St Leo the Great" has similar rating on the same web site. Does anyone have kids going to the school or know of the school?

shylet
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

snurse42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manx2010
Thanks a lot, I've heard that seabrook is very good. It has good rating on the My School website. Am looking at catholic schools and one in Altona North called "St Leo the Great" has similar rating on the same web site. Does anyone have kids going to the school or know of the school?

shylet
Most of my friends in Point Cook who are Catholic send their children to Stella Maris (not sure of the spelling) they are really happy with the school but it has just become zoned as well! One lady that I met sent her daughter to St Leo the Great first and withdrew her because she wasn't happy with it, apparently she felt it was far too pushy and was "results focused" with little time for the childrent to develop social skills too - I am not sure how reliable that is as I only met her once at a friends house. Don't rush into choosing straight away though, visit as many as you can, sometimes you just get the right feel from a school.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

manx2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snurse42
Most of my friends in Point Cook who are Catholic send their children to Stella Maris (not sure of the spelling) they are really happy with the school but it has just become zoned as well! One lady that I met sent her daughter to St Leo the Great first and withdrew her because she wasn't happy with it, apparently she felt it was far too pushy and was "results focused" with little time for the childrent to develop social skills too - I am not sure how reliable that is as I only met her once at a friends house. Don't rush into choosing straight away though, visit as many as you can, sometimes you just get the right feel from a school.
Thanks, that's useful info and you're right about visiting as many schools as I can. I just want to have a short list to start with.

shylet.