Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Alternatives to Medibank Private

Alternatives to Medibank Private

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Alternatives to Medibank Private

A bit of a knee-jerk reaction but Medibank Private have sent us notices that their fees will increase as of 1 April so I was wondering what the other providers offer for $177/month for family cover.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alternatives to Medibank Private

http://www.iselect.com.au Should help.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
On the money as always.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, very little I should think. Ours costs $257 a month!
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quoll
Blimey, very little I should think. Ours costs $257 a month!
With who?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by quoll
Ours costs $257 a month!
Yep ours is $275pm with HCF They are definitely getting the flick given they have just given me back the princely sum of $191 of my son's $3500 orthodontic treatment. Thieving...
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:04 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
A bit of a knee-jerk reaction but Medibank Private have sent us notices that their fees will increase as of 1 April so I was wondering what the other providers offer for $177/month for family cover.
Count yourself lucky. Those robbing barstewards are getting the flick from me. $290 for a couple with Advantage Top level hospital and some extras. I can see little advantage to me other than Medibank getting to rip me off.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Well I am on the low-cover plan so that might explain why my charges are lower than everyone else. Will give iSelect a go.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzSheila
Yep ours is $275pm with HCF They are definitely getting the flick given they have just given me back the princely sum of $191 of my son's $3500 orthodontic treatment. Thieving...
Yup, HCF but they have just managed to get me some elective surgery with little out of pocket so I am not complaining!
Old Mar 4th 2011, 9:15 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

We're Medibank on the SmartPlus package I think. About $240 per month for 2A+2C. Son went for op via emergency room and there was no excess and no bill for surgery, private room etc.

But went for Orthodontic appt. and paid $108 just for a visit and only got $26 back!!!! Ikes~!

May have to view this Iselect......