British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Alternative Contact No.s for DIMIA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/alternative-contact-no-s-dimia-278782/)

desperate2go Jan 20th 2005 9:12 am

Alternative Contact No.s for DIMIA

Hi all
As I cannot seem to contact DIMIA via email (unrelated automated response) and if you phone them during office hours there is an anwser phone telling you their office hours and that they are closed :confused:
Does anyone have alternative contact numbers that may be more successful?
Thanks
R

JAJ Jan 20th 2005 11:14 am

Re: Alternative Contact No.s for DIMIA

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Hi all
As I cannot seem to contact DIMIA via email (unrelated automated response) and if you phone them during office hours there is an anwser phone telling you their office hours and that they are closed :confused:
Does anyone have alternative contact numbers that may be more successful?
Thanks
R

Which DIMIA office are you trying to contact, and what precisely are you trying to find out?

Jeremy

desperate2go Jan 21st 2005 11:33 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
Which DIMIA office are you trying to contact, and what precisely are you trying to find out?

Jeremy

I am all sorted now Jeremy :)
I actually got a reply to my email :eek:
Thanks

CasG Jan 21st 2005 11:37 am

Originally Posted by desperate2go
I am all sorted now Jeremy :)
I actually got a reply to my email :eek:
Thanks

For Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre try 1300364613. I phoned them today and they were REALLY helpful.

May be useful for you in the future.

Cas

desperate2go Jan 21st 2005 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
For Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre try 1300364613. I phoned them today and they were REALLY helpful.

Cas

Thanks Cas. Will make a note;)

windaelicker Feb 4th 2005 1:29 pm

Cas

Hi Caroline

Sorry to bother u but we were thinking about contacting Dimia but reading other posts we are a little aprehensive as we dont want to upset them.

We sent away all our meds etc and want to know how things are progressing, so are they approachable? and if so what kind of questions should we avoid?

thanks

G

CasG Feb 4th 2005 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by windaelicker
Hi Caroline

Sorry to bother u but we were thinking about contacting Dimia but reading other posts we are a little aprehensive as we dont want to upset them.

We sent away all our meds etc and want to know how things are progressing, so are they approachable? and if so what kind of questions should we avoid?

thanks

G

The woman I spoke to was very approachable and helpful - just to give you a bit of background (it may or may not help you, but you can see where I am coming from) I'm a nurse on a 457 temp visa, want to apply for PR as love it here in Aus :D I asked her what I need to do, and not do (eg, don't need more meds and PCC as I have been here less than 12 months) she told me everything I needed to know, and was very positive.

How long is it since you lodged application, and what visa are you applying for?
Cas - no bother btw, that is what the forum is for :)

windaelicker Feb 4th 2005 2:26 pm

The woman I spoke to was very approachable and helpful - just to give you a bit of background (it may or may not help you, but you can see where I am coming from) I'm a nurse on a 457 temp visa, want to apply for PR as love it here in Aus :D I asked her what I need to do, and not do (eg, don't need more meds and PCC as I have been here less than 12 months) she told me everything I needed to know, and was very positive.

How long is it since you lodged application, and what visa are you applying for?
Cas - no bother btw, that is what the forum is for :)

Hi again

Its a 136 visa and it was april last year but we are just getting a litte antzy at the moment and like ive heard its the waiting that kills u

Although i have just read that all of march has been issued so cant be long now.

We might leave it for a week or so.

thanks again

G

CasG Feb 5th 2005 12:14 pm

Hi again

Its a 136 visa and it was april last year but we are just getting a litte antzy at the moment and like ive heard its the waiting that kills u

Although i have just read that all of march has been issued so cant be long now.

thanks again

G

Waht work do you do - i know certain professions, like nurses are fast-tracked ( :D - sorry, couldn't help that!!)

No harm in giving them a ring as long as you are polite, at least it means that they have to get your file out!!! :D

Cas

desperate2go Feb 5th 2005 12:21 pm

Hi again

thanks again

G

Mine was mid march- got requests last week.
Hold on a week or so......its on its way ;)