Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Almost there now!!!

Almost there now!!!

Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:13 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Almost there now!!!

Had our last shipping quote done this morning by Allied Pickfords - We bartered a bit and got our 20ft container for £3k plus insurance @ 3% (includes electrical derangement)... Cheaper than Masons by £200 and Crown by about £300... Mother in Law has been rehomed and we truly want to go NOW!!! Only thing we have to wait for now is the house to complete - exchanging contracts this week and then completing next week...

We fly out of Manchester (Singapore Airlines - Business Class) on Sunday 22nd August and I really cannot wait !!!!

Good luck to everyone waiting for their visa's, be patient and it will happen...

Cheers for now
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:23 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost there now!!!

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
(includes electrical derangement

Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by bundy
Good luck Sam & Andy. Business class will be nice

Electrical derangement is what happens to your hair when you put your fingers in the socket with the power turned on!

regards
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:31 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Yes that's what I thought too!! Electrical derangement insurance is to cover you if your electrical equipment does not work when you get it there and there isn't any visible damage ie.. marks where it has been dropped etc.. It basically covers you for any electrical fault inside (ie. loose wires or something like that)!!!!

Hope this helps!!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:33 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stewie
Good luck Sam & Andy. Business class will be nice

Electrical derangement is what happens to your hair when you put your fingers in the socket with the power turned on!

regards

I thought it was when all your appliances sense that you're going to leave behind and start failing one at a time in the months before you leave....
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

I thought it was when all your appliances sense that you're going to leave behind and start failing one at a time in the months before you leave....
Hi Bundy

You've had that as well then?

How do they know we've decided to leave?

It's when the roof starts leaking the week you put the house on the market You have to laugh.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:43 pm
She's a bird, you know

Hi Bundy

You've had that as well then?

How do they know we've decided to leave?

It's when the roof starts leaking the week you put the house on the market You have to laugh.

They all do it, it's a little-known, but much witnessed phenomenum. They collude, these appliances. We had a steady stream or failures - video, microwave, washing machine, TV - in the run up to what we thought would be our leaving date. Since our leaving date has been postponed for a year, they've all been remarkably well behaved. Which means we've got to go through it all over again!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

They all do it, it's a little-known, but much witnessed phenomenum. They collude, these appliances. We had a steady stream or failures - video, microwave, washing machine, TV - in the run up to what we thought would be our leaving date. Since our leaving date has been postponed for a year, they've all been remarkably well behaved. Which means we've got to go through it all over again!
I've just had a fictional conversation with myself in the kitchen. Just to let the appliances know discreetly that we've postponed any thought of moving.
Just checked the kettle.....it's still working

What am I talking about.....am i going insane!!!:scared:
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

I've just had a fictional conversation with myself in the kitchen. Just to let the appliances know discreetly that we've postponed any thought of moving.
Just checked the kettle.....it's still working

What am I talking about.....am i going insane!!!:scared:

LOL! So it's not just me talking to inanimate objects then. Phew.

That's not insane - it's just another form of insurance
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sounds like we have the same sense of humour. I'll send you a PM sometime and we can discuss our fascination with talking to inanimate objects

Regards
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

Sounds like we have the same sense of humour. I'll send you a PM sometime and we can discuss our fascination with talking to inanimate objects

Regards

Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to say those words "exchanging contracts this week and then completing next week"
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear!

Forgot to say - hope all goes well for you and good luck

Happy days are here!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:54 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Just had an interesting chat with the Fridge freezer and the Toaster...or maybe it was the cheese I ate last night I found in the grill pan???
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Must remember to talk to electrical appliances in a 'When we all go to oz' type of way. Hopefully the'll behave. Thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.