Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Almost on our way?

Almost on our way?

Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

gazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant future
Default Almost on our way?

We will soon be on our way (fingers crossed ) and I have to say all the plus points are great, sun, housing, schools, beaches, fresh starts etc. But still I wonder will I miss family, and freinds so much,and what about the country of my birth . The hawthorn blossom in May the green and beautiful countryside in which I live, the cold and traditional christmas, the history that spans thousands of years of which I can trace my roots back almost 800 years.
I think of what I leave behine and tears come to my eyes , but still the call is strong . A better life for me and my family ( Wife & daughter ) in Australia , now beckons .
Can you please tell me is this normal , I love England after all I am English ,
but I think the country of my birth has now changed so much I no longer feel I belong.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:43 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice
Default Re: Almost on our way?

Originally Posted by gazf
We will soon be on our way (fingers crossed ) and I have to say all the plus points are great, sun, housing, schools, beaches, fresh starts etc. But still I wonder will I miss family, and freinds so much,and what about the country of my birth . The hawthorn blossom in May the green and beautiful countryside in which I live, the cold and traditional christmas, the history that spans thousands of years of which I can trace my roots back almost 800 years.
I think of what I leave behine and tears come to my eyes , but still the call is strong . A better life for me and my family ( Wife & daughter ) in Australia , now beckons .
Can you please tell me is this normal , I love England after all I am English ,
but I think the country of my birth has now changed so much I no longer feel I belong.
I'm sitting here just waiting for my house to sell and then I'll be off. And I'm feeling almost everything you are (can't trace my family back 800 years). Somepeople I'll definitely miss, and some things that I may never see again. But like you I feel the pros of going outweigh the cons. And I'm certainly willing to take the chance, like you. So what you feel may not be "normal"but at least 1 other feels the same way.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:47 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fireeater
I'm sitting here just waiting for my house to sell and then I'll be off. And I'm feeling almost everything you are (can't trace my family back 800 years). Somepeople I'll definitely miss, and some things that I may never see again. But like you I feel the pros of going outweigh the cons. And I'm certainly willing to take the chance, like you. So what you feel may not be "normal"but at least 1 other feels the same way.
For years, I've always wanted to travel and live abroad. Now it's here, I don't know how I feel. We (me and wife) are lucky because apart from family we have no ties.

You have to do it. Despite all the last minute doubts - it'd be criminal not to give it a crack.

House selling is an arse! It just seems to drag on and on and on and on and on and... you get the idea!

Thankfully our 'sold' sign went up today which makes it all seem real. Hopefully we'll be able to book our flights in the next couple of weeks and then by Easter we'll be in oz - yippppeee!!

Rob
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:52 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by samnrob2
For years, I've always wanted to travel and live abroad. Now it's here, I don't know how I feel. We (me and wife) are lucky because apart from family we have no ties.

You have to do it. Despite all the last minute doubts - it'd be criminal not to give it a crack.

House selling is an arse! It just seems to drag on and on and on and on and on and... you get the idea!

Thankfully our 'sold' sign went up today which makes it all seem real. Hopefully we'll be able to book our flights in the next couple of weeks and then by Easter we'll be in oz - yippppeee!!

Rob
fingers crossed for you both. I know the frustrations as well as anyone. But I just keep thinking it's only a short time in the scheme of things.