Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ALmost Got it - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ALmost Got it - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ALmost Got it - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I am in the bset mood ever & wanted to share some joy with you all.

We are waiting for a skilled visa. Medicals & Police checks with DIMA on 16th June.

This morning we checked our e-mail at 6.30, not expecting anything but no new e-mails. Then we checked again at 8.15am and there was a new e-mail.

The opening line was "we are about to grant you a permamant visa & we need a copy of your new sons passport - Can you scan it & e-mail it back".

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. We actually jumped up & down with joy.

I know it will be hard leaving everyone & starting again in Oz but at the moment I don't care I just want to have the joy of almost getting it.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. It seems like everyone was right and they are starting to come through after the 1st July.

We are off to see where you can buy Champage at this time in the morning.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ALmost Got it - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Originally posted by jac16

We are waiting for a skilled visa. Medicals & Police checks with DIMA on 16th June.

This morning we checked our e-mail at 6.30, not expecting anything but no new e-mails. Then we checked again at 8.15am and there was a new e-mail.

The opening line was "we are about to grant you a permamant visa & we need a copy of your new sons passport - Can you scan it & e-mail it back".

I know it will be hard leaving everyone & starting again in Oz but at the moment I don't care I just want to have the joy of almost getting it.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. It seems like everyone was right and they are starting to come through after the 1st July.

FANTASTIC news jac16

what a great start to the day !!!!

cant wait for the feeling.

whats your time line ??
and was it a 136 visa??

DRINK AND BE MERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:55 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default !!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! YOU MUST BE THRILLED!! Im jealous but very happ for you!! :PARTY:

Lucyx
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:22 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Did you front load meds & pc,s?
Good luck,nice start to the weekend
Donna.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by thebarkers
FANTASTIC news jac16

what a great start to the day !!!!

cant wait for the feeling.

whats your time line ??
and was it a 136 visa??

DRINK AND BE MERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou

March 2004 - We sent off our orginal application

Jan 2004 - asked to send medicals & Police checks & more work reference as the orginal ones were in the format they wanted

Feb 2004 - Medicals for Hubby & child 1 sent back, police checks sent, work reference sent

April 2004 - Child 2 born

May 2004 - I had the x-ray and he had his medical & sent them off to DIMA. Also sent certified copy of new sons passport (without being asked)

16th June 2004 - Medicals lost & then found 2 weeks later at DIMA. I asked them to send Decision by e-mail

July 3rd - Email from our new CO saying they were just about to issue visa but needed copy of new sons passport.

So we will scan it & e-mail back ready for Monday morning.

The visa was for Skilled Independant. We are planning on heading to Brisbane - Hopefully in a couple of weeks as house is in final stages of sale.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 10:04 am
ABCDiamond

The visa was for Skilled Independant. We are planning on heading to Brisbane - Hopefully in a couple of weeks as house is in final stages of sale.
Congratulations Jac

What part of Brisbane are you aiming for?

I've already drunk a bottle of wine to help you celebrate

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done and all the very best.
Hope to be saying the same thing next year.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Congratulations Jac

What part of Brisbane are you aiming for?

I've already drunk a bottle of wine to help you celebrate

We are thinking about bayside, manley, & possible brighton (just because I like the name.

I am an accountant so I need to be within an easy commute of the CBD. Any suggestions would be greatly received.

If our house sale goes through we will be out there in 2 to 3 weeks.