Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Allied Pickfords/John Mason

Allied Pickfords/John Mason

Old Nov 28th 2002, 5:40 pm
Mr Mover

Default Re: Allied Pickfords/John Mason

">
    > > .> > > Try micheal GERSON PTY LTD have seen their work on arrival at our aust depot ,they seem very professional, MR MOVER

Old Nov 29th 2002, 12:55 pm
Remmy

Default Re: Allied Pickfords/John Mason

We had the same dilem

we went with Pickfords becuase they claimed they had a branch in
Brisbane, rather than using an agent, plus we'd heard of them !

we were really pleased with the way they packed everything etc..

won't know until march if anything is broken though :-)

rem

Old Dec 1st 2002, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Pickfords not a pleasant experience.

Hi all,

Been a while since I put much info on this site, but I only got the comp back a week ago, we left for Aus at the beggining of Aug.
We used Pickfords and without get into any legal bother I would never use them again (not that I intend migrating again!!).
It started on the day they arrived to pack....2 hrs late, and I've got to say one of the packers was..... lets just say I have met his sort many times in my previous occupation, and he was only too willing to tell of his Friday night trips to the local police stn. They managed to miss several items that needed packing, good job we checked everything, and they also managed to pack the foot and mouth forms that we left on a table for them.
During the lead up to the to the packing day, the staff at the branch ( I wont say which branch ) were very reluctant to return our calls and it would have been easier to get blood out of a stone.
When our stuff finally arrived in Aus (again I'm not sure we'd have been told if I hadnt called them several times.) we recieved a letter asking for almost 300 dollars to cover the customs costs, in the event Pickfords were required to open any boxes, then a phone call to us to arrange delivery, but we both work full time, do they deliver after 3pm? Nope, how do we get our stuff then? Well for another 150 dollars they'll deliver on a Saturday....oh thankyou Pickfords I'm so pleased we gave you our custom.

But then we find several items (4) broken/damaged...oh well good job we took out the rather expensive insurance....ah but what wasnt pointed out (yes I know the fine print) was that to lodge a claim we had to send photos, and quotes not to the local depot, but back to the UK, within 30 days of receipt of goods, not an easy task when the items include an antique table and an original watercolour.

So make of it what you will, but make sure you get plenty of quotes and advice from people who have used some of the various companies out there.

There now arent you glad I have'nt contributed for a while.

Chris.
Old Dec 1st 2002, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

John Mason sound good - can any one tell me how much they charge for a large container to Brisbane area ?

Ta
Tina