British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Allied Pickfords/John Mason (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/allied-pickfords-john-mason-118163/)

colinnsam Nov 19th 2002 6:53 pm

Allied Pickfords/John Mason

Hi,
Has anyone had any experience of these two removal companies, we've had quotes and both seem good. Just deciding which one we should go with.

Colin

heading downunder 2002 Nov 19th 2002 8:57 pm

John Mason's are excellent

Westside Nov 20th 2002 1:07 am

Re: Allied Pickfords/John Mason

I can highly recommend John Mason's. They were competitively priced, professional, relaible and honest! All our furniture arrived without any problems. Another important note is that they use respectable handling companies here too. We moved to Perth and they were excellent. I have no experience of Allied Pickfords so I couldn't comment on their practices. Hope this helps!

Kath Nov 20th 2002 2:51 am

We used John Mason, they were really good and most competitive on price. They have a good handling agent - Ridgways - who operate throughout Australia. Good luck.

Claire Nov 20th 2002 7:33 am

Ditto to all the above!

Claire xx

hollywood110 Nov 20th 2002 8:41 am

Originally posted by Claire
Ditto to all the above!

Claire xx

Hi

Have you got the phone number please, I will get a quote of them as well.

Thanks

Sharon xx

jasmin Nov 20th 2002 9:03 am

Our stuff arrived over 3 weeks ago and Pickfords won't get their finger out, they won't answer my calls. Its driving me nuts, I know my stuff is here and can't get to it
I still have other stuff to come and I will look to another company next time

heading downunder 2002 Nov 20th 2002 9:21 am

Like I said before we used John Masons and our container arrived on the 31st of October, Wridgeways in Brisbane have handled this end and they delivered our stuff on Friday no problems, nothing missing or damaged, excellent service at both ends. Would certainly recommend them. They both have always returned my calls and have always rung when they said they were going to. We were kept informed at this end from the moment the ship docked.

Nice to be sitting on my own sofas!!!!

Susan

springflower Nov 20th 2002 11:55 am

Originally posted by hollywood110
Hi

Have you got the phone number please, I will get a quote of them as well.

Thanks

Sharon xx

Hi Sharon

Try their website www.johnmason.com

Good Luck

Jan:)

colinnsam Nov 20th 2002 5:31 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies, looks like John Mason will be the one for us.
Sharon the phone number for their Croydon office is 0208 667 1133.

Colin

hollywood110 Nov 20th 2002 5:38 pm

Originally posted by colinnsam
Thanks everyone for the replies, looks like John Mason will be the one for us.
Sharon the phone number for their Croydon office is 0208 667 1133.

Colin

Thanks for that u guys,had a man call from Liverpool after I visited the website to say He would get his colleague from Croydon to Give Me a call.

With thanks

Sharon xx

Vicky88 Nov 20th 2002 8:21 pm

I don't recommend using Allied Pickfords. We used them for our recent move from UK to USA and 15 weeks later we are still waiting for our effects even though we were promised a delivery time of 6 to 10 weeks. No apologies or anything for the inconvenience, and getting information out of them has been like getting blood out of a stone.

Sandra Nov 20th 2002 9:10 pm

My Lone Vote for Pickfords

Perfect six week delivery for Sydney, information etc - but maybe because I had a company move and therefore having that on the account kept them on their toes?

Hope you have better luck soon Jasmin/Nicky - up for a BBQ soon? We finally bought one!

Cheers

suebo Nov 21st 2002 1:16 pm

We used Allied pickford to move from Malaysia to USA. We had our gear in storage for 12 months in KL then shipped to US. There was a little mould on a couple of things and the computer did not work when it got here. The insurance company paid out straight away (as soon as we sent quotes and receipts to them). Nothing else was broken and they seemed to be very efficient and one of the cheapest quotes we got.

Siobhan Hanrahan Nov 25th 2002 9:14 am

Although I have no personal experience of this, a fellow poster to the NG
some time ago stated that they went with John Mason, who were excellent, &
they were willing to match any other prices quoted.

Best prices I have had so far are from Anglo Pacific & Avalon Overseas.
(UK-Brisbane).

Good luck.

Siobhan

"colinnsam" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    > Has anyone had any experience of these two removal companies, we've had
    > quotes and both seem good. Just deciding which one we should go with.
    > Colin
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com