British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   allan collett (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/allan-collett-107633/)

shaun/lor Aug 25th 2002 11:02 pm

allan collett

hi alan
how much will you charge per week for 3 beds in your ocean village office, if our house goes and we have nowhere to live lol, just thought you could earn a few quid on the side, seeing as you give out so much free info on here
shaun

baldbutts Aug 25th 2002 11:06 pm

Re: allan collett

& if you want to earn a few bob from me,would you be interested in taking my agent out?
(i mean with a shotgun,not to a fancy restaurant)

shaun/lor Aug 25th 2002 11:25 pm

hey baldbutts you wont be needin your place soon, i could lower meself to live in kent for a month or two if the rents cheap while the house sells. i could show round all your prospective buyers, maybe like a guided tour, explaining famouse waxings that have happend in some rooms, and maybe explaing about your difficult transistion from cut throwt? to bic throwaways lol shaun]

Alan Collett Aug 25th 2002 11:27 pm

Very good ... I'm always looking for opportunities so you never know ...!

Best regards.

Originally posted by shaun/lor:
hi alan
how much will you charge per week for 3 beds in your ocean village office, if our house goes and we have nowhere to live lol, just thought you could earn a few quid on the side, seeing as you give out so much free info on here
shaun

baldbutts Aug 25th 2002 11:32 pm

Originally posted by shaun/lor:
hey baldbutts i could lower meself to live in kent for a month or two
don't flatter yer selves,i've been to Southampton,even Stig thought it was a dump

baldbutts Aug 25th 2002 11:34 pm

Hey Alan,you may have terrific weather & a lifestyle to die for,but we've got no work tomorrow cos it's a bank holiday

shaun/lor Aug 25th 2002 11:42 pm

hey its real nice around my part of southampton, people even decorate there windows with fairy lights when its not xmas.
though i think they would look much better multi couloured instead of all red
and theres always somone to talk to on the corner if you need to pop out late for anything, though they only ever want to talk about my business (strange)
shaun

Emmy & Phil Aug 26th 2002 1:42 am

Where abouts in southampton are you? We lived in Fareham (well Portchester).

Emily

"shaun/lor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hey its real nice around my part of southampton, people even decorate there windows
    > with fairy lights when its not xmas. though i think they would look much better
    > multi couloured instead of all red and theres always somone to talk to on the
    > corner if you need to pop out late for anything, though they only ever want to talk
    > about my business (strange) shaun
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Alan Collett Aug 26th 2002 2:10 am

Hello Emily.

I am now glad to work from our Melbourne office most of the time and spend a couple of months in the UK each year (attending the Migration Exhibition in March for example).

I have a colleague (ex-High Commission) working in Hampshire (John Sylvester, who I know a few people on this n/g have spoken with) and our office in Southampton is in Ocean Village on the water front.

I know Southampton very well from the time I spent at Uni there and of course because we have our UK office there - and dare I say that I lived in the less salubrious area of St. Marys referred to by Shaun in his posting for an interesting 12 months in my student days ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by Emmy & Phil:
Where abouts in southampton are you? We lived in Fareham (well Portchester).

Emily

> hey its real nice around my part of southampton, people even decorate there windows
    > with fairy lights when its not xmas. though i think they would look much better
    > multi couloured instead of all red and theres always somone to talk to on the
    > corner if you need to pop out late for anything, though they only ever want to talk
    > about my business (strange) shaun
    > --

shaun/lor Aug 26th 2002 6:23 am

hi emily
yea we are in hedge end so not that far from you, and we only moved here from park gate last year.
i have friends who live in porchester so i know it quite well.
where are you heading to and when?
were hoping to end up in geelong not far from melbourne.
thanks for your reply shaun and lor

shaun/lor Aug 26th 2002 6:28 am

- and dare I say that I lived in the less salubrious area of St. Marys referred to by Shaun in his posting for an interesting 12 months in my student days ...

Best regards.

hey allan dont knock it it made you the man you are today.lol and dont forget this is the area that the new southampton football stadium has been built. still at least the players will have somthing to do after their evening games.. all the best shaun

Emmy & Phil Aug 26th 2002 8:19 pm

I lived (up untill the 15th July) in a bright orange house in sunningdale road, but i
think the new owner has changed it : ( But i am now living just outside Wellington
NZ. We have been here for 2 weeks and loving it : )

Emily

> hi emily yea we are in hedge end so not that far from you, and we only moved here
    > from park gate last year. i have friends who live in porchester so i know it quite
    > well. where are you heading to and when? were hoping to end up in geelong not far
    > from melbourne. thanks for your reply shaun and lor
    > --

Nicki Aug 26th 2002 11:01 pm

>hi emily yea we are in hedge end so not that far from you, and we only moved here
    >from park gate last year. i have friends who live in porchester so i know it quite
    >well. where are you heading to and when? were hoping to end up in geelong not far
    >from melbourne. thanks for your reply shaun and lor

There must be something in the water round here that makes us all want to emigrate -
we live near Fareham/Park Gate too!

Nicki

shaun/lor Aug 27th 2002 6:54 am

hi nikki
dont stop drinking the water then will you lol
where are you heading and when,
shaun and lor