Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

for all you who used an agent, some advice please.

for all you who used an agent, some advice please.

Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Default Re: for all you who used an agent, some advice please.

Originally Posted by debbiemc
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

that is disgusting to say the least! you should take the advice i've been given! we're paying for their services. you really should get in touch with the top dog and complain!

good luck and get phoning with me on monday and let us post how we've got on!!

debbie
Sorry but i dont want to rock the boat it's going so well. once i have sent the police checks it's just yes or no when i have the visa i will tell them what i think of them (and everybody else for that matter) but until then i just cant risk the chance of them making it awkward. SORRY!!!!! guess i am a bit of a wimp but the visa means everything to me so i guess they have me by the short and curly's.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:59 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
Dont worry your not alone my agent (Visa Connections) didn't even tell me that my police and medical check's needed to be in by feb 5th so i didn't rush and now they have to apply for an extension and i only found out through this forum and phoned them when i did they had a real attitude and made out it was my fault. I am not going to complain because i dont want them to make the rest of the process difficult i just want my visa. :scared:
That's terrible! Are they MARA registered? You should very definately complain. These people are playing with YOUR future and YOUR money and holding you to ransom into the bargain.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by herrchook
That's terrible! Are they MARA registered? You should very definately complain. These people are playing with YOUR future and YOUR money and holding you to ransom into the bargain.
No there not registerd but they have got me this far so i guess they cant be all bad. they seem to think that i know the visa process but that's what i pay them for. I will let you all know how my process goes should have an answer in the next couple of months.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:21 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

well, we are using an agent (go matilda) as our application is not going to be so straight forward. as you know its not cheap to do this but we wanted the backup and support that i think agents are known for.

well, i got our application sent back to them on tuesday 3rd jan by special delivery. i emailed her for confirmation that she'd recieed it and she had, then i heard nothing. so 2 weeks ago i emailed her again to ask if it had been sent yet because i need to give dates etc in court at the end of feb.

she emailed me back last monday to say, that she had it and would be sending it by courier sometime that week and would let me know!

well........nothing, and i'm a bit fed up really, iwant it off but i dont want her to think i'm a pain by hassling her! then again i think we've paid a lot of money for their services!!

so, come monday should i get in contact again do you think? or just leave it until i hear?

debbie
What are they playing at???? We handed our application to our agent on the Tues. Had a last minute mad dash on the friday as the forms had changed and they needed another signature before the couriers arrived at 4.30. We made it with about 5 mins to spare and the app was handed to courier while we were there!!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Smile Re: for all you who used an agent, some advice please.

Well we thought about going with Go matilda then decided after a few e-mails with "George Lombard"we would go with him..
and it has been really smooth always answers e-mail by next day,we got our skill assessment stuff together(last week)and scanned it all to him,he checked it and applied on-line for us that day,we had our stuff certified and sent..it was so smooth im worried something is missing..also before we even chose him he always replied to our e-mails,which for us was a good sign..
Jackie
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
We were all set to use Go Matilda and had preliminary phone conversations with them and then they just never returned our call - so guess what, we're using someone else with whom we're really happy (George Lombard).

Gill
Exactly the same happened to us when we made preliminary enquiries with Go Matilda. They took all our details, but no one called back. However, we wanted 2-3 opinions anyway and we too chose George Lombard, who is great.

Debbie, you should get on to them ASAP as it is not right to be sitting on your application and not communicating the reasons why.

Hope it's sorted this week.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackie/steve
Well we thought about going with Go matilda then decided after a few e-mails with "George Lombard"we would go with him..
and it has been really smooth always answers e-mail by next day,we got our skill assessment stuff together(last week)and scanned it all to him,he checked it and applied on-line for us that day,we had our stuff certified and sent..it was so smooth im worried something is missing..also before we even chose him he always replied to our e-mails,which for us was a good sign..
Jackie
Ditto.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:18 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

That's terrible...you do wonder what you're paying them for! I used Caroline at Next Step Migration and she was fab. She used to ring me at 8.30am if she'd had any emails or news in re our case. (She knew how desperate we were for news, lol!) Some of you might remember all the problems we had with our visa...well we had to give up on Oz and applied reluctantly for NZ, and about 8 or 9 months afterwards, Caroline heard about the 10 bonus points and called me out of the blue to tell me b/c she remembered me. So here we are, at last with our Visas. (and lots of greying hair!) If anyone wants any recommendations, I cannot sing her praises high enough.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Pinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the rough

I think it is just terrible that your agents are dragging there heels, as if this process isn't stressful enough!!!!

We use Christina Hitchcock of Australian Migration, she is the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion, always on our backs when we don't get papers etc back that she needs!!! Always informing us of timescales and changes in the application process etc!! Although pricey this is what we are paying for!!

Good luck for Monday!!!

Donna
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

right, heres what happened; i was trying to phone from 9 till half 10, engaged all the time and no ring back!

phoned go matilda and the secretary told me she was working from home today! great!!! anyway she got her to phone me at home, guess what?

it was sent last monday but she forgot to tell me!!!!!!!!!!! as if this process isnt bad enough!

anyway, should reach aus today so thats made me again, especially as the QNC have really p***** me off big style, but thats another story!

all being well, we should get confirmation in the next few days so we can get our meds booked.

debs
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:54 am
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

right, heres what happened; i was trying to phone from 9 till half 10, engaged all the time and no ring back!

phoned go matilda and the secretary told me she was working from home today! great!!! anyway she got her to phone me at home, guess what?

it was sent last monday but she forgot to tell me!!!!!!!!!!! as if this process isnt bad enough!

anyway, should reach aus today so thats made me again, especially as the QNC have really p***** me off big style, but thats another story!

all being well, we should get confirmation in the next few days so we can get our meds booked.

debs
Hi Debs

Glad you are getting it sorted, just wanted to repeat what most people have said to you, about keeping agents on their toes. We appreciate that they are busy, but it doesn't take much to phone someone and let them know what's happening. Hope everything goes smoothly from now on.

Good luck

Hoops (mrs)
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

well, we are using an agent (go matilda) as our application is not going to be so straight forward. as you know its not cheap to do this but we wanted the backup and support that i think agents are known for.

well, i got our application sent back to them on tuesday 3rd jan by special delivery. i emailed her for confirmation that she'd recieed it and she had, then i heard nothing. so 2 weeks ago i emailed her again to ask if it had been sent yet because i need to give dates etc in court at the end of feb.

she emailed me back last monday to say, that she had it and would be sending it by courier sometime that week and would let me know!

well........nothing, and i'm a bit fed up really, iwant it off but i dont want her to think i'm a pain by hassling her! then again i think we've paid a lot of money for their services!!

so, come monday should i get in contact again do you think? or just leave it until i hear?

debbie
Hi Debbie, We used an Agent in Oz too. We also had constant emailing back and forwards. We also had to try to be patient. I must admit for her to say they would be sending it by courier sometime this week and not letting you know is pretty bad. I do admit I was emailing our agents a few times each time before they replied too and also think that you are paying for a service they should follow the service through. If I was you I would let them know that you are paying for a service and expect to be kept informed at all times. I'm sure they know how stressful it must be for all concerned. Best of luck.
Lesleym
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:24 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

debs

arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

all that stress for nothing

oh well - good news matey

just get qnc bloody sorted now!!!

mand
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:35 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from a few days away and I read this thread ... I am on the case ...

Best regards.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:40 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

That should never be the case, Debbie.

You can hassle me as much as you want - though you shouldn't have to of course.

Best regards.

you see, thats why i'm reluctant to call! i dont want her thinking i'm a pain in the arse, (well, you who know me know different! ) i'd hate to to do a go slow for being pushy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.