Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

for all you who used an agent, some advice please.

for all you who used an agent, some advice please.

Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default for all you who used an agent, some advice please.

well, we are using an agent (go matilda) as our application is not going to be so straight forward. as you know its not cheap to do this but we wanted the backup and support that i think agents are known for.

well, i got our application sent back to them on tuesday 3rd jan by special delivery. i emailed her for confirmation that she'd recieed it and she had, then i heard nothing. so 2 weeks ago i emailed her again to ask if it had been sent yet because i need to give dates etc in court at the end of feb.

she emailed me back last monday to say, that she had it and would be sending it by courier sometime that week and would let me know!

well........nothing, and i'm a bit fed up really, iwant it off but i dont want her to think i'm a pain by hassling her! then again i think we've paid a lot of money for their services!!

so, come monday should i get in contact again do you think? or just leave it until i hear?

debbie
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:44 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for all you who used an agent, some advice please.

Originally Posted by debbiemc
well, we are using an agent (go matilda) as our application is not going to be so straight forward. as you know its not cheap to do this but we wanted the backup and support that i think agents are known for.

well, i got our application sent back to them on tuesday 3rd jan by special delivery. i emailed her for confirmation that she'd recieed it and she had, then i heard nothing. so 2 weeks ago i emailed her again to ask if it had been sent yet because i need to give dates etc in court at the end of feb.

she emailed me back last monday to say, that she had it and would be sending it by courier sometime that week and would let me know!

well........nothing, and i'm a bit fed up really, iwant it off but i dont want her to think i'm a pain by hassling her! then again i think we've paid a lot of money for their services!!

so, come monday should i get in contact again do you think? or just leave it until i hear?

debbie

hi debbie

contact her!!!

what are they playing at??? 3 weeks to read it through and check!!

no, you are paying for her service!! and i would expect it gone by now

this is what i think anyway, have you gone under your profession?

you have enough on your plate without having to chase her up!!

sorry rant over!

mandxxx
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:47 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

debbie
Hi Debbie

You go girl, we are constantly "chasing" our agent up. At the end of the day it keeps them on their toes. Stop being so laid back and show her you are serious and mean business. (the only drawback is, she might put you to the BACK of the pile tho' )

AMANDA
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amanda76
hi debbie

contact her!!!

what are they playing at??? 3 weeks to read it through and check!!

no, you are paying for her service!! and i would expect it gone by now

this is what i think anyway, have you gone under your profession?

you have enough on your plate without having to chase her up!!

sorry rant over!

mandxxx

cheers mand. going to phone her monday morning, its not on is it!

yeah gone on mine. xxx
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
You go girl, we are constantly "chasing" our agent up. At the end of the day it keeps them on their toes. Stop being so laid back and show her you are serious and mean business. (the only drawback is, she might put you to the BACK of the pile tho' )

AMANDA
you see, thats why i'm reluctant to call! i dont want her thinking i'm a pain in the arse, (well, you who know me know different! ) i'd hate to to do a go slow for being pushy!
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:52 pm

you see, thats why i'm reluctant to call! i dont want her thinking i'm a pain in the arse, (well, you who know me know different! ) i'd hate to to do a go slow for being pushy!

dont let this stop you!!!

you are paying for this....................

mand
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:53 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie again

It sounds as if its already going slow....so what have you got to lose ? You might just be pleasantly surprised by their response !!
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
Hi Debbie again

It sounds as if its already going slow....so what have you got to lose ? You might just be pleasantly surprised by their response !!

perhaps do it in a nice manner!!! lol

then get angry and shout!!!

mand
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:57 pm
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

It might be worth a PM to Alan Collett - he works for Go Matilda and is a Migration Agent.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MisterTwo
It might be worth a PM to Alan Collett - he works for Go Matilda and is a Migration Agent.

i'm always nice mand

think is when i speak to her, she's always lovely and helpful! but yes you're all right, i'm going to get my assertive head on and tell her i want it sent by wednesday next week!!

i wont you know, it'll be ' sorry to bother you L......., but when do you think you might be able to send our application, please, dont want to be a pain'

when in fact i should say 'we have paid you £700 and i expect not to be having to contact you to chase you up all the time'

not me though!

am definately going to phone her though and not email this time

thanks guys for the replies.

hey amanda (bricky ade), why dont you come on our meet on the 3rd feb? you can come too mand tho
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:18 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

debbie
We were all set to use Go Matilda and had preliminary phone conversations with them and then they just never returned our call - so guess what, we're using someone else with whom we're really happy (George Lombard).

You are paying them a lot of money so you shouldn't feel you are being a pest by calling them. This is just about one of the most important things you've done in your life and it's surely not unusual that you want to be kept up to speed with your application.

I would suggest you contact the most senior person you can at Go Matilda and make your thought and feelings known. Quite frankly, I think it's disgusting that you're getting this level of service (bear in mind that Allan Collett probably gets a fair bit of business from this forum alone).

On the other hand, if there's a good reason for the lack of communication and slow service, they should be mor than happy to explain it for you so you've nothing to lose by calling. I'm sure a quick call will resolve it all for you, they've a great rep whch doesn't come from nowhere.

Gill
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:26 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

debbie
so far we haven't really had to chase ours. when i sent our application to them it was sent the next day, so the length of time you have been waiting is out of order really. phone them up and make it clear that they are working for you and not they can push you to one side. good luck with it all.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sparks124
so far we haven't really had to chase ours. when i sent our application to them it was sent the next day, so the length of time you have been waiting is out of order really. phone them up and make it clear that they are working for you and not they can push you to one side. good luck with it all.

thew next day!!!!! bloody hell, now i am really fed up1

thank you all so much for your wise words

i'll let you know how i get on on monday.

i want it off to aus monday!!!
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Angry Re: for all you who used an agent, some advice please.

debbie
Dont worry your not alone my agent (Visa Connections) didn't even tell me that my police and medical check's needed to be in by feb 5th so i didn't rush and now they have to apply for an extension and i only found out through this forum and phoned them when i did they had a real attitude and made out it was my fault. I am not going to complain because i dont want them to make the rest of the process difficult i just want my visa. :scared:
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
Dont worry your not alone my agent (Visa Connections) didn't even tell me that my police and medical check's needed to be in by feb 5th so i didn't rush and now they have to apply for an extension and i only found out through this forum and phoned them when i did they had a real attitude and made out it was my fault. I am not going to complain because i dont want them to make the rest of the process difficult i just want my visa. :scared:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

that is disgusting to say the least! you should take the advice i've been given! we're paying for their services. you really should get in touch with the top dog and complain!

good luck and get phoning with me on monday and let us post how we've got on!!

debbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.