Wikiposts

All you smokers

Old Apr 14th 2004, 5:05 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by cadabra
I am in the process of quitting. I urge anyone contemplating it to read Allen Carrs "Easyway To Stop Smoking Permanently" You are asked to keep smoking whilst reading it. I am only one third through the book and have cut my cigarette consumption from 20 a day to approximately 5-10. I just know i will be a non smoker by the time i have finished it
I'm an occasional social smoker, and was talking to mate about this book other day. He used to smoke 20 odd per day. Him and 19 other smokers who were touring (drama group or something) all decided to read the book when they started the tour. By the time they'd finished all but 2 had given up. He said its a fantastic book, well worth a try.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 6:27 am
Application in!

Andy66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by podgypossum
i got my med forms through yesterday. They asked if you smoke and how many a day. What i want to know is, do they do tests to see if you are a smoker and how can they tell??
Hi PP,

If I am repeating other people's perspective then sorry, but you can easily tell a smoker through a CO (Carbon Monoxide) test.

If they don't do the test, then you may well get away with it, but don't have a fag on the day of the med - we non - smokers can smell it a mile off. If they DO do the test, and you say you don't smoke, they may either paint you as a liar, or carry out further investigations as to why an abnormal reading. If you are worried about it, it may be safer to underestimate rather than say you don't at all.

I'm not a Doc, but do work in the field of respiratory medicine - take my view on face value, as I have only partial knowledge of the emigration meds procedure