Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all trades people going to Brisbane or the coasts

Wikiposts

For all trades people going to Brisbane or the coasts

Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default For all trades people going to Brisbane or the coasts

I have had an idea, that we can create a trade circle so if we need to call on a trade we can use one of us lot who we kind of know and can hopefully trust. As I know a few trades going to these places.

My hubby is a joiner so is happy to join, any other trades so when we get to oz we have someone we know.

Anyone else ?
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

What a brilliant idea Carrianne

I dont know about Aus yet, but here in NZ, finding a decent tradesman or someone to turn up at all to do a job can be a nightmare!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I think it will be good, as you always need one at some point and it can help in all ways.

Carrianne
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:51 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic idea
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For all trades people going to Brisbane or the coasts

Count me in... I`ll fix any PC, install any home PC network, fix anything Telecom orientated..... Might take my mind off things aswell!!!

Originally posted by Carrianne
I have had an idea, that we can create a trade circle so if we need to call on a trade we can use one of us lot who we kind of know and can hopefully trust. As I know a few trades going to these places.

My hubby is a joiner so is happy to join, any other trades so when we get to oz we have someone we know.

Anyone else ?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Wolfen
Count me in... I`ll fix any PC, install any home PC network, fix anything Telecom orientated..... Might take my mind off things aswell!!!

Well..maybe some techno wizard on here could set up a site for all different trades in all differents states and areas and make a sort of directory up...i'm afraid i am not very good at that sort of stuff...but i feel it would be a great help to all us new Aussies!!...as well as helping out other poms and Brits to make a living.

Now..if anyone is about to have a mental breakdown from the stress of all this migrating lark..please contact me...it's a voluntary service
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pushing to the top
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:24 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly a trade, but a beauty therapist, nail tech and hairdresser (for my sins) Could perhaps help out those who need to destress after having a very bad experience waiting in for a week for the plumber!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:26 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by h garrett
Not exactly a trade, but a beauty therapist, nail tech and hairdresser (for my sins) Could perhaps help out those who need to destress after having a very bad experience waiting in for a week for the plumber!
Might have to put you in touch with the wife!!! (not that she needs it of course ) She loves going to salons and stuff.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:27 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Its a good idea though Carrianne, how would you administer it?

And if anyone needs any geological survey work done....im your man
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Might have to put you in touch with the wife!!! (not that she needs it of course ) She loves going to salons and stuff.
Yes, i'll be touting for work once we get settled!!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:48 am
WBB

good idea, if anyone has any dna samples they would like me to analyse feel free to call

i dont suppose there is any fear of my phone ringing.

Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:50 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Carrianne

Anyone else ?
Hey, if you need a Roofing contractor call me, I'll be needing Brickies, plasterers, plumber and sparks in about 6 months hopefully, oh and probably that beauty therapist!

Slater
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:52 am
High in the Dandenongs

Just realised this is for brissy, shall i start a new one for Melb???
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:53 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by welshboybilly
good idea, if anyone has any dna samples they would like me to analyse feel free to call

This isn't anything to do with sheep is it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.