Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all those who think UK education is better

For all those who think UK education is better

Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:34 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For all those who think UK education is better

Put your kids in a crap school and they will get a crap education. Works the world over.

Pot here is great by the way.

Originally Posted by Pomster
In my former huge multinational company, where I worked for a lot of years, Australians were always regarded as excellent employees.

That is why I was so confused when I started hearing people berating Australian education.

My little daughter has just started school here (will only be doing one year) so the state of education does bother me.

Todays worrying offering is:
Data released by the Department for Education shows 1,310 schools fell short of Government benchmarks in the three-Rs this year.....this suggests around four-in-10 pupils from these schools are starting secondary education struggling to grasp the point of a piece of prose, write extended sentences using commas, recite the 10 times table or add, subtract, multiply and divide in their heads.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...s-failing.html
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:49 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
No.
That was the job the head was applying for.
Same job - Principals have to deal with shit every day.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 9:01 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
Same job - Principals have to deal with shit every day.
Yep, that's true enough.
Occasionally they deal with pupils too.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Been back one year and if I'm honest I was disheartened with the education my children were getting in WA at state school and we couldn't get them into private. It didn't feel like they were being held by the system and so many new initiatives were being tested. The school grew from 300 students to 900 in 1 academic year and the school was struggling with it in my opinion. I do believe my younger children would have done ok but I do feel that the eldest would still be in a year group working at much lower level. Friends with children there still feel the older ones got the raw end of the stick. A half way house between the two primary school systems would be good.

p.s be under no illusions that neither system means you can stick your child in it and it will give them an education....

(need to update profile. now living in midlands)

Last edited by PoppetUK; Dec 23rd 2011 at 8:45 pm.