Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To all those who responded and read Toby's Short life in Oz.

To all those who responded and read Toby's Short life in Oz.

Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold
Smile To all those who responded and read Toby's Short life in Oz.

We are sincerely grateful for all your very kind words of support and advice, believe me when I say you have all been the best support network we or anyone else could wish for.

There are many people who cannot relate to the emotions that we have gone through over the last week or so. Thankfully for us we have had people who know just how we feel both physically and emotionally. That in itself is priceless and something we do not take lightly and nor should any of you.

We hope through our solicitor that things will change for the better and that our pets, family members, animals, call them what you will, are cared for in a manner that reflects the love we have for them.

As soon as we have a response from AaE we will of course let you all know.

From the heart, we the Murphy family thankyou all and I can honestly say you have made a difference to what was a very traumatic event in our lives.

Please please don't change your minds about coming to this country, the people in my experience are very helpful and supportive and the opportunities are endless.

The murphy's X
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:39 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To all those who responded and read Toby's Short life in Oz.

awww, you are more then welcome.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

ontheup will become famous soon enough

Any time!!!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Glad we could help you in your time of need.

My beloved GSD is due to fly end of Jan and im real scared for her so i hope that you and your soclicitor can help to make changes so that our family members are treated with more care and respect than that which seems are given at the moment.

Thank you!

Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

Didn't respond to other thread but read your story all the way through and was so sad when I realised that poor Toby hadn't made it - it is truly tragic.

take care

Alex
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch
Didn't respond to other thread but read your story all the way through and was so sad when I realised that poor Toby hadn't made it - it is truly tragic.

take care

Alex

As above I didnt respond but read about poor toby, I felt so sad for you when he was eventually found, i really hoped it would be an amazing end to the story where he had survived by cleverly hiding away and just happened to be crossing a street as you were driving down it, I cried when I read hed died.

I know how these little furry buggers get under your skin and how emotional you get, its almost like losing a child, a friend and a companion all in one go.

As for the animal tranfer agent, GIVE THEM HELL LOVE!

I hope after poor little toby this doesn't happen again.

Our love and hugs to you all

Julia, Mike and the kids
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi Paraken
I read your posts with great sadness I truely understand how you feel my dog is my baby too and would be devastated if anything like that happened to her.
Have just booked flight for my baby and really anxious but I am sure that many pets are tranfered safely!

Can I just ask was Toby transported in a wooden crate or platic vari kennel I am thinking of a vari kennel as it may just be a little sturdier.

Our hearts go out to you
the Goodwins including Tilly
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your fight!

We are all here for you. You just have to ask and the combined forces of BE will line up behind you in order to change the way animals are handled during air travel.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just sorry that you were in this position in the first place, but I wish you the very best in making a difference now. It became quickly apparent that there are a lot of animal lovers on this forum and I think its safe to say that everyone here is behind you 200% in your fight xx
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really nice

Hi to the Murphy family

Glad that we could be of some support.

As you say, there are a lot of animal lovers/pet owners on BE and most who followed/read Tobys heartbreaking story felt your loss too. We all wished for that fairytale ending.

I love my dogs to bits and could not imagine coming to Oz without them but I am really worried about the 3 of them flying to Oz as their care is totally out of my hands - but I am going to insist with whichever company I use that their crates have additional wiring on the joins.

Lets hope that between us all we can make a difference to the way pets are treated in transit. These comapanies should be made to realise that we pay more to transport our beloved pets than paying for 1st class airfares so they should be shown more respect.

Wishing you some happiness

Helen
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Hi Paraken
I read your posts with great sadness I truely understand how you feel my dog is my baby too and would be devastated if anything like that happened to her.
Have just booked flight for my baby and really anxious but I am sure that many pets are tranfered safely!

Can I just ask was Toby transported in a wooden crate or platic vari kennel I am thinking of a vari kennel as it may just be a little sturdier.

Our hearts go out to you
the Goodwins including Tilly
Hi there Goodwins,
Toby was in a wooden crate which was well made but not designed to withstand a fall from height onto concrete!
If I we're you I'd get the strongest crate money can buy , at least then if they did drop it your pet will still be safe.

All the best
The Murphy's
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:00 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paraken
Hi there Goodwins,
Toby was in a wooden crate which was well made but not designed to withstand a fall from height onto concrete!
If I we're you I'd get the strongest crate money can buy , at least then if they did drop it your pet will still be safe.

All the best
The Murphy's
Airpets have just told me that the IATA wooden crates have just been/are being increased in thickness to 12mm & in their opinion these will be stronger than the plastic vari-kennel. Whether this change will make a difference is yet to be seen..

Best of luck!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

thats interesting will speak to our carrier on monday see what they say. Have been wondering though whether it would be worth put some sort of strap around the box, like some people do with suitcases. One that is easy to undo but might give some additional support/structure to the box. Do you know whter the crates anre nailed or screwed together, wouldnt that make a difference too. (just thinking out aloud)
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:25 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paraken
We are sincerely grateful for all your very kind words of support and advice, believe me when I say you have all been the best support network we or anyone else could wish for.

There are many people who cannot relate to the emotions that we have gone through over the last week or so. Thankfully for us we have had people who know just how we feel both physically and emotionally. That in itself is priceless and something we do not take lightly and nor should any of you.

We hope through our solicitor that things will change for the better and that our pets, family members, animals, call them what you will, are cared for in a manner that reflects the love we have for them.

As soon as we have a response from AaE we will of course let you all know.

From the heart, we the Murphy family thankyou all and I can honestly say you have made a difference to what was a very traumatic event in our lives.

Please please don't change your minds about coming to this country, the people in my experience are very helpful and supportive and the opportunities are endless.

The murphy's X
your welcome guys, shit does happen....but in your case it was easily prevented....lets hope it changes xxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:58 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

oh my gosh, I have just read this story and I am so sorry about your dog. it hurts so much to have to bury an animal when they pass, but to lose toby in such terrible circumstances must be devastating for you.

somebody must be made responsible for this.

bec