Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

for all those out there, who had their stuff shipped over....

for all those out there, who had their stuff shipped over....

Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default for all those out there, who had their stuff shipped over....

We are getting quote from, PSS, Dorre Bonner, Excess International, Allied Pickford & Crown.
they all seem to promise to be the best in the business, but what I want to know how was your furniture arrived were they mostly ok, or mostly broken, did you use the packers insurance or did you do that separately, and if you did it separately when you needed to make claim was it easily done.
would you recommend any of of the "5" I mention, were they as good as the British end for unpacking and putting back the furniture.
Many thanks in advance.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:31 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for all those out there, who had their stuff shipped over....

I used Allied Pickfords to ship from UK to US. They stank. I'd sooner burn my belongings than use them again.

I've posted a few times on here about the lousy service, and won't repeat it all again here.

I was reading this recent post by someone who recently used Allied Pickfords from UK to Aus

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410165

IMHO - Allied Pickfords suck, suck SUCK! (vented now, I feel better)

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
We are getting quote from, PSS, Dorre Bonner, Excess International, Allied Pickford & Crown.
they all seem to promise to be the best in the business, but what I want to know how was your furniture arrived were they mostly ok, or mostly broken, did you use the packers insurance or did you do that separately, and if you did it separately when you needed to make claim was it easily done.
would you recommend any of of the "5" I mention, were they as good as the British end for unpacking and putting back the furniture.
Many thanks in advance.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Many thanks in advance.
Can't comment on own experience of the unpacking end, but if they are as professional as John Masons were at this end the other day when packing my stuff, then all should be good.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:44 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks in advance.
If you do a search there are loads of threads on here about the above companies!

My view is John Mason or Doree Bonner are the two front runners, we are using the later as they have come up about £750 cheaper that John Mason, but both companies get a lot of good publicity on here and we have friends who have used them both and they both said how good they both were!! No breakages etc etc!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simpy
Can't comment on own experience of the unpacking end, but if they are as professional as John Masons were at this end the other day when packing my stuff, then all should be good.
Hiya mate!

We're using John Masons too so thats good news. Hopefully they will be just as good at the Oz end too!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toon williams
If you do a search there are loads of threads on here about the above companies!

My view is John Mason or Doree Bonner are the two front runners, we are using the later as they have come up about £750 cheaper that John Mason, but both companies get a lot of good publicity on here and we have friends who have used them both and they both said how good they both were!! No breakages etc etc!
I would recommend against Masons to ship from the North East as we booked through them because of their good reputation however, it was Robinsons who loaded at our end. Their quality of packing was poor to non existent resulting in a lot of damages and John Masons Customer service after the event was just as non existent.
Jaymac
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

We used Allied Pickfords, had a couple of breakages (large framed/glazed photos) but the insurance covered them and they paid up no hassle at all.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:29 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

We used Allied Pickfords.

About 10 per cent of our belongings were either lost or damaged.

We had seperate insurance, they were very good at paying up promptly.

Allied Pickfords in England were helpful, in Australia they were rubbish, their customer service is non-existent, they didn't even attempt to find our missing items.

They promised the same company (allied pickfords) would be used for the whole process, but they actually contracted out to another company in Australia.

The packers in Australia rang the doorbell to say they'd arrived, then buggered off for an hour to have breakfast.

They also tried to clear off without unpacking our goods from the containers - a service which we'd paid for.

Would never recommend them.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:54 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks in advance.

we used excess baggage in the uk who in turn used grace to deliver in aus

both sides were proffesional and curtious and to be honest we had a good laugh with both teams

regards steve
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the same until it came to unpacking the boxes ! If I were you, I'd reserve judgement
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ohippy
I thought the same until it came to unpacking the boxes ! If I were you, I'd reserve judgement
Oh dear, will have to see. Just hope all my DVD collection is intact cos if it aint i'm gonna kick some f***ers ass !!!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, will have to see. Just hope all my DVD collection is intact cos if it aint i'm gonna kick some f***ers ass !!!
My entire record collection made it out the door but never saw the inside of the container !! With hindsight I'd have had someone watching each packer as, when there was, they were very good !
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks in advance.
we used Crown-no problems, very professional, NOTHING damaged !!
we used their insurance.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 2:03 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Doree Bonner... Superb, packers worked their butts off, bought them lunch and then gave them beer money as they left.
Nothing broken ... fab.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Pity the poor sods who's stuff was on one of these

Simpy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.