Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all those in Brisbane, what do you love the most?

For all those in Brisbane, what do you love the most?

Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:50 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For all those in Brisbane, what do you love the most?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It may be a god-awfullounge in the bigger picture (Changi is heaven, isn't it, compared to Brisbane) but its one of my favourite spots......and my fave words are " now boarding......"

I'm on the northside of Brisbane. Rather be in Melbourne if I have to be on the north island somewhere, but I would rgeatly prefer Tassie if I had an open choice
Woop Woop is nice apparently, less flies than brisbane.

The weather in brisbane is crap.

People seem dull, depressed and lethargic.

Some have 6 fingers.

And fgs they named a place after Melvin Braggs, saturday night programme... and threw a beach on it !!!!

SAD !
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:04 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I've over all the tourist things and seen probably every beach up and down the coast from Rockhampton to Byron Bay, and yes they are beautiful...but can get boring.

I prefer to travel west of Brisbane into the countryside..visiting small villages...you know the type.. One horse towns,where even the horse has left.

I am still amazed by the size of this country and less you live here it still hard to get a big picture of how vast it is
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:15 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane is a beautiful city and its the one I am proud to call HOME.............................................. .......................

Loz x
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:20 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Jacarandas in October spreading a purple carpet of flowers - okay, they're a pain when they get in the pool but who really cares?

Balmy summer evenings

GOMA (Gallery of Modern Art) and UQ Art Museum

Live music scene

Good bistros like "White Rabbit" in out of the way places

Ability to travel north / south for beaches, east for the bay and west for the mountains.

Parks and reserves like Boondall Wetlands, Sherwood Arboretum, New Farm Park, Mt Cootha Botanical gardens

HTH
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:23 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Compared to where I grew-up in the UK? Affordable, liveable space.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:49 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Take it you have never been to LAX then

Originally Posted by jce
LOL - that has to be the worst departure lounge in any so called international airport. Theres nothing there - few seats, pizza joint, small shop. I was stunned at how bad it is. Its no Changi
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:54 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Take it you have never been to LAX then
Worse has to be SFAX !!!!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:48 am
Just Joined

doublefsteff is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been in Brissy for 2 months now I love it... the people are friendly, cheap property, the music scene is buzzing.... I know you said no negatives but the only thing that gets on my nerves is all the hills!! But on the plus side, they keep you fit (ish!!)