Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all those in Brisbane, what do you love the most?

For all those in Brisbane, what do you love the most?

Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute
Default For all those in Brisbane, what do you love the most?

Thats the form away, just a case of waiting.

If any forummers who have relocated to Brisbane feel free to regale me with your tales of joy and bliss about living in Brissy?

No negatives, just what you love the most about it.

Anyone go fishing in the river in Brissy for example?

All happy tales welcome?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:18 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For all those in Brisbane, what do you love the most?

Originally Posted by brissybound
Thats the form away, just a case of waiting.

If any forummers who have relocated to Brisbane feel free to regale me with your tales of joy and bliss about living in Brissy?

No negatives, just what you love the most about it.

Anyone go fishing in the river in Brissy for example?

All happy tales welcome?
No sorry.. its a dump
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The departure lounge in the International terminal.....
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:01 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You probably won't get many serious replies tonight, its nearly midnight and not many idiots are up late like me!
We had a police woman round earlier tonight about a burglary we'd had and she said she would try and return this evening, how late would we be up. When I said "oh at least 12.30-1am", she stared at me in frank horror, and then said "I wouldn't call at a silly time, seriously would you still be up if I come back at 8.30 or will you be asleep by then?"
Welcome to Queensland, world of dark evenings and everyone asleep by teatime.

And for what I love the most (apart from the departure lounge) - sitting here listening to the rain teeming down outside. Its a wonderful noise, long may it last
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:05 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You probably won't get many serious replies tonight, its nearly midnight and not many idiots are up late like me!
We had a police woman round earlier tonight about a burglary we'd had and she said she would try and return this evening, how late would we be up. When I said "oh at least 12.30-1am", she stared at me in frank horror, and then said "I wouldn't call at a silly time, seriously would you still be up if I come back at 8.30 or will you be asleep by then?"
Welcome to Queensland, world of dark evenings and everyone asleep by teatime.

And for what I love the most (apart from the departure lounge) - sitting here listening to the rain teeming down outside. Its a wonderful noise, long may it last
Lol, oh my god how am I gonna cope with the early nights I predict even longer hours spent on the internet
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot what time it is over there!

Is it really a dump!!??
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:27 pm
Home and Happy

Forgot what time it is over there!

Is it really a dump!!??
Don't take my views as gospel - some people come here and love it, some come here and hate it. It's not my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't suit you just make sure you read the upbeat posts as well as the downers!
And trust me, before long you will adore the sound of rain
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:29 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't take my views as gospel - some people come here and love it, some come here and hate it. It's not my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't suit you just make sure you read the upbeat posts as well as the downers!
I do love the sound of rain Heavy rain

Reminds me of Glastonbury
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Clippies
I do love the sound of rain Heavy rain

Reminds me of Glastonbury
Mud is less sticky here as a general rule
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:34 pm

Mud is less sticky here as a general rule
Lol, ah well, as long as I can roll in it I don't care
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:23 pm
jce
Forum Regular

jce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to all

The departure lounge in the International terminal.....
LOL - that has to be the worst departure lounge in any so called international airport. Theres nothing there - few seats, pizza joint, small shop. I was stunned at how bad it is. Its no Changi

One thing i love is the live music scene. Brisbane was listed by Rolling Stone magazine as one of the top three emerging places for music - loads of venues, plenty of bands from Oz and abroad - and in quality terms they are street ahead of the UK venues!

Also love that they built a beach in the city centre cause its too far to the coast

The new ish cultural centre on the southbank is also coming along. A huge Andy Warhol exhibition there soon.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

The sunshine the people and my dog Barry !!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Why were are you based?

The only city I never made it too when i was last there were melbourne and Brisbane.

I loved Darwin and Perth. Hated Sydney.

Its amazing what some folk love to what others hate.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Joy and bliss in brisbane

That would be me the next 2 months, removing wallpaper from the 1960's house we bought there as brisbane work base. Hideous green and pink flowered stuff in every room with a stylish touch of mirror tiles and a mushroom seat fitted into the staircase. Plus green shag pile carpet. Very retro

On the plus side its overlooking woody point pier which is being demolished to make way for a new pier with an artifical reef and whole new foreshore development.

Wallpaper removal tips or volunteers welcome.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:43 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by jce
LOL - that has to be the worst departure lounge in any so called international airport. Theres nothing there - few seats, pizza joint, small shop. I was stunned at how bad it is. Its no Changi
It may be a god-awful lounge in the bigger picture (Changi is heaven, isn't it, compared to Brisbane) but its one of my favourite spots......and my fave words are " now boarding......"

Why were are you based?

The only city I never made it too when i was last there were melbourne and Brisbane.

I loved Darwin and Perth. Hated Sydney.

Its amazing what some folk love to what others hate.
I'm on the northside of Brisbane. Rather be in Melbourne if I have to be on the north island somewhere, but I would greatly prefer Tassie if I had an open choice

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 5th 2007 at 8:49 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.