Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To all techno people (RJ45 to coaxial)

To all techno people (RJ45 to coaxial)

Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all
Default To all techno people (RJ45 to coaxial)

I have a cable broadband connection from ISP (coaxial), and a ADSL modem/router (RJ45). Do adaptors/connectors exist to join them together so I can use ISP(ewire)?
Thanks
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To all techno people (RJ45 to coaxial)

You can get coax to RJ45 adaptors but I would have thought you needed a cable modem, rather than an ADSL one which won't work.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Thanks s.r71 I'm moving into a house with ewire fitted, but I have recently bought a Belkin modem/router with ADSL with RJ45 ethernet cable for iinet connection. Guess I was hoping i didn't have go out and buy it all over again.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflower7
I have a cable broadband connection from ISP (coaxial), and a ADSL modem/router (RJ45). Do adaptors/connectors exist to join them together so I can use ISP(ewire)?
Thanks
No - the two care not electrically [and signal-wise] compatible. You will need a cable modem. The RJ45-Coax adapater is for a different use.

p.s. The ADSL Model is a RJ11 not a RJ45 connection [it's a standard 2/4 wire PSTN circuit].
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:08 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

oops thought it was a music thread,TECHNO TECHNO TECHNO!! sorted for Es and whizz.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

:confused :lol. I'm reading what it says on the box: package includes RJ45 ethernet networking cable & RJ11 phone line card. oh I think I see it now, it also says system requirments: active ADSL connection with RJ11..
so I need another wireless router then.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by this charming man
oops thought it was a music thread,TECHNO TECHNO TECHNO!! sorted for Es and whizz.
THERE'S NO LIMITS!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflower7
:confused :lol. I'm reading what it says on the box: package includes RJ45 ethernet networking cable & RJ11 phone line card. oh I think I see it now, it also says system requirments: active ADSL connection with RJ11..
so I need another wireless router then.
What's the model number?

You may be able to use the router part of the adsl modem/router with the cable modem and not need to buy a new one

Ian
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

aussiedreams is an unknown quantity at this point

RJ45 ethernet networking cable is used here for connection from modem to pc